Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could You Watch?
05-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Could You Watch?

A friend of Steve Irwins has just been on the news saying that he has watched the footage of exactly what happened to Steve. He was, of course, very upset by this saying after all you are watching someone die. So my question is could you watch a recording or a friend or loved one dying? I think I could watch with most people in my family, except for one which would be my daughter. The trouble with watching though is that you are then stuck with that image in your head for the rest of your life.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Could You Watch?
Oh yes i could easily watch my Horrible Mother in law being eaten by a shark, what wonderful viewing that would be. BLISS.:naughty:

as for any other member of my family or friends. NO THANKS.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
05-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Could You Watch?
It's very unlikely isn't it - I mean, the death of someone close to you being recorded? So the chances of being put in that position are just about zero.

What is more likely to happen to anyone here is that someone is ill and dying and you might be with them when they draw their last breath.

The question then is would you want to be with someone close when they die?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
05-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Could You Watch?
Just what I was going to say, Swerve. If a loved one was on their death bed, of course I would want to be there. I wouldn't want to watch anyone I love suffer.

The way Steve Irwin died was horrible. Just to imagine what was going through his mind..........
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Could You Watch?
if a member of my family were on their death bed that's different i would want to spend their last minutes with them, but i would'nt want to watch a member of my family on film being killed, it's too horrible for words...................except for my Mother in law.

Benjamin Disraeli

05-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Could You Watch?
survivorfan Wrote:The question then is would you want to be with someone close when they die?

Depends if it's a plane crash ?

Patsy Wrote:The way Steve Irwin died was horrible. Just to imagine what was going through his mind..........

I imagine "CRIKEY" or "STREWTH" :naughty:

Hey I love this debating stuff :smartie:
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Could You Watch?
because i hate flying, i always wonder what thoughts would go through my mind if the plane went down Something like i wish i had a bloody parachute probably.

why do some people have death wishes and other don't? puzzle.

Benjamin Disraeli

05-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Could You Watch?
I'm stricken going to 'open casket' funerals and have nightmares forever, and I don't watch things that are really gory on tv or movies...so no. I know they are publishing a book on Princess Di's last moments and I just don't think I could see it...I'm not a looker at these things. I can 'read' about such in my mysteries and what not, but to see...??? don't think so, don't know.

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
05-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Could You Watch?
Downright ghoulish and macabre if you ask me!!!
05-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Could You Watch?
bridge Wrote:Oh yes i could easily watch my Horrible Mother in law being eaten by a shark, what wonderful viewing that would be. BLISS.:naughty:

as for any other member of my family or friends. NO THANKS.

And would you comfort your husband as you were watching his mother die a horrible death?! :ghost:

I suppose in today's world of video cameras, phone cameras etc then accidents being recorded is probably happening more then you think.

I remember being glued to the TV on the day of 9/11 and the days that followed it watching the footage over & over again. Yes, it was horrible every last minute of it but I just couldn't seem to walk away until my daughter started asking questions about what happened and who were killed and did this person die, did that person die? And I am doing the same thing again as I watched a bit of 9/11 thing on Channel 4 on Saturday and watched the one last night.

How many people do think downloaded and watched the beheading of Kenneth Bigley? I was shocked when one of our friends said he watched it - different if it was shown on a newsreel or something but to actually download and watch the horrifying last minutes of this hostage fills me with disgust.....but then come to think of it was it any different to what I was doing re 9/11................

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boys, you might better watch out for the "boys"... msgirl 6 968 21-06-2007 06:57 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  One to watch - The Whistleblower Slipper 14 1,328 24-03-2006 09:21 AM
Last Post: Bella