Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crikey! The Croc Hunter has only gone and popped his cork
04-09-2006, 05:49 AM

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3...59,00.html

Very sad as he leave 2 young children. Never really thought he would see old age though as he was far too reckless

Steve Irwin RIP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2006, 06:20 AM
I'm genuinely shocked and saddened.Sad He was a real character.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2006, 06:28 AM
I am too. Sad He was my son's first ever hero, he will be very upset too.

We have a film of Steve's called something like Crocodile Hunt - it is absolute crap but he is so full of life and energy that it's watchable.

what a crap start to the week.
(i've shed a little tear)

RIP Steve Sad

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
04-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Bloody 'ell...I am stunned...I was only watching him on TV yesterday afternoon as he was training up some new Crocodile hunters! I'm sad now Sad

I guess I always thought he would meet a death like this but I am still shocked!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
04-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Yes, it is sad isn't it? He was so full of enthusiasm and clearly loved his job. It's thanks to people like him that we know so much about nature and animals. He really could not have died any other way but how sad for his family.

RIP Steve.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
04-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Well he was never going to have a 'normal' death was he, as someone has pointed out, he was a trifle reckless at times.

Such sad news though as he did so much for endangered species in Australia, not least getting the shooting of crocodiles for sport banned.

He was enthusiastic, extremely likeable and I shall miss him.... Sad

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
ALthough he may have done good work in conservation, I never liked his main claim to fame - manhandling wild animals for the cameras. these were basically stunts performed for a TV audience with animals as his unwilling partners, and I never saw this as being particularly kind or entertaining. That the ray that stung him only does so when feeling under threat shows it was being subjected by Steve to an unpleasant experience, that suggests to me he was more interested in getting something on film than the wellbeing of the animal, so in that respect I'd say good on the ray and Steve, you asked for it mate.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
04-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Coastie Wrote:Bloody 'ell...I am stunned...I was only watching him on TV yesterday afternoon as he was training up some new Crocodile hunters! I'm sad now Sad

Me too Coastie, I loved that program he did a lot for those crocs
Sad for his young family.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
04-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Does his wife know yet? last I heard she was trecking in the outback and hadn't been informed. Can't imagine what it'd be like to read about your husband's death from a tabloid, so I hope someone finds her before she gets to a news stand.

Bollox to potplants
04-09-2006, 09:50 AM
survivorfan Wrote:ALthough he may have done good work in conservation, I never liked his main claim to fame - manhandling wild animals for the cameras. these were basically stunts performed for a TV audience with animals as his unwilling partners, and I never saw this as being particularly kind or entertaining.

I was about to say that. I liked him, but i didnt always like the way he handled and treated the animals. One shocking incident as well was when he put his baby within feet of a crocodiles mouth. Not very clever !!!!

But he did also do a lot of good work for conservation, and he raised an awful lot of money for his causes.

It is very sad he has died like this.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  the Vice President shoots a hunter msgirl 18 1,647 02-03-2006 03:03 AM
Last Post: msgirl