Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Croc or Not?
02-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Croc or Not?

Unless ITV have spent a shed load of money on animatronics, the croc I saw slipping off the chute and swimming through the lagoon was real. Clearly the footage of the real croc was cut in as we never actually saw it the same frame as Fran. However, I was wondering whether there ever actually was a stuffed croc floating around with Fran? Or were Ant and Dec just winding Fran up and even the fake croc has been pensioned off? Fran didn't seem disturbed by the thought of a crocodile joining him, so I reckon Mr Croc must have been launched, was attacked by a jealous snake, got a puncture and promptly sunk.

I'm sure it was around during Cat's challenge a a couple of series ago. Was it spotted during Sheila's trial?

If they really wanted to scare the contestants out of their wits, they should have replaced the chute with a sewage pipe. There's some things I wouldn't want to see floating in my direction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2004, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2004 09:31 PM by -xena-.)
Croc or Not?
they are real crocodiles but the staff made sure they couldn't open their mouth....so they are not specially dangerous...
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Croc or Not?
Well I thought they must have wired the jaws up if there was a live croc in there - but it could have been a bit of editing I suppose. What about the one that was let loose on Sheila? Can't remember if she actually saw it because I know she gave up through exhaustion.

There must be some trickery going on because as we all know, they couldn't afford the insurance premium (let alone the outrage if anything happened to them) to actually put contestants lives at risk like that. Smile
02-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Croc or Not?
This is an intriguing thought....I shall get onto Wilson my friendly crocodile and see if he has heard of any of his reptilian buddies going to any auditions for the show....if anyone knows Wilson D. Croc will!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
02-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Croc or Not?
wasn't there something about Natalie and crocodile tears?
02-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Croc or Not?
I think they were freshwater crocodiles which are not dangerous to man unless provoked.
02-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Croc or Not?
If you look carefully you can actually see the wire on their mouth...
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Croc or Not?
A well fed and sedated croc is not a danger, and I do know they have men with rifles standing watching in case they do go an attack - biggest danger from one of them would be a thrashing tail ....... I think. :unsure:
02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Croc or Not?
Freshwater, well fed or not, I wouldn't fancy getting into the water with one. I still don't think we actually saw a crocodile (real or fake) in the same frame as Fran. The other suspicious thing being his total lack of concern when Ant and Dec told them the crocs were being released. The 'crocs eye' view was for effect and when it was swimming underwater there wasn't a human in sight.

I didn't notice any wiring on the jaws of the real croc, wouldn't that be considered cruel?
02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Croc or Not?
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I think they were freshwater crocodiles which are not dangerous to man unless provoked.

So you wouldn't suggest poking them with a large stick then?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]