Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVD Recorders
14-07-2006, 08:28 AM
DVD Recorders

If you guys cant help i might have to post on DS, but im hoping you can.

Last night i recorded 2 shows on my DVD recorder. I misjudged the time though - and i only picked the 2hr option even though the shows lasted for 2hrs 5 mins.

So the DVD ran out of space.

Now though i can't get it to show me the bit i have recorded. The DVD machine is stuck showing that it couldnt record the last 5 mins (so it shows the timer and a red record button is permanently on) .... and i cant turn the machine on / off and no buttons work. I have tried every button on both the remote or the machine itself. It seems totally jammed.

Any ideas ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2006, 08:39 AM
DVD Recorders
I have no idea Bonnie, but I'm sure somebody here will be able to help. Cool

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2006, 08:43 AM
DVD Recorders
pull the plug out of the wall for five minutes to reset the machine

dopey

"If you are calling to purchase marijuana, please press the hash key now....."
14-07-2006, 08:48 AM
DVD Recorders
I would start by pressing the timer button, to switch the timer off. If that doesn't work, and it sounds like you've tried it, I'd then switch the recorder off at the mains switch, then turn it back on, hopefully that will reset it.

(edit - I see longshot beat me to it)

I can't replicate your problem on my DVD recorder because if I have it set to standard recording quality (2 hrs on one DVD) and set the recording time to 2 hrs 5 minutes it will tell me there's not enough space and won't let me do it.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
14-07-2006, 09:13 AM
DVD Recorders
survivorfan Wrote:if I have it set to standard recording quality (2 hrs on one DVD) and set the recording time to 2 hrs 5 minutes it will tell me there's not enough space and won't let me do it.

I wish mine had of done that .... you must have a more expensive machine than me :bag:

Yes i have already pressed the record button - and nothing. It still says 'timer' on the machine .... like its waiting to continue recording, but it wont let me change the disc !!!

I think i might have to unplug it :shocking:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user