Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dancing!
28-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Dancing!

As I said in another thread, last night I went to my first Salsa dance class and it was great fun. I have always loved getting up to dance at a party/disco but after watching Strictly Dance Fever I decided I wanted to learn how to dance properly. I did have ballet lessons when I was very young but had to stop as my parents couldn't afford it anymore but none since then.

So can you dance? If so what type of dancing do you prefer? Have you ever had lessons or do you just do your own thing?
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Dancing!
I am a dancer. I did ballet for many years and have many awards in it. I also did modern, tap and ballroom have grades in those also. I love it so very much. The only dancing I do nowadays is aerobic dancing though. I do wish I could do some more ballet, but my joints have somewhat ceased up in my old age. :kid:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Dancing!
My dancing style has always been the subject of ridicule ... and if any of you have ever had the misfortune to see me dance ...you would no it is deserved ... be quiet Maxine!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
29-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Dancing!
I go to a dance class every week, we do hip-hop, jazz, street, salsa and anything else you can get hot and sweaty to! I love it and it's a great way to exercise as well Smile
29-07-2005, 04:42 AM
Dancing!
i did a salsa class last year and it was a lot of fun. However, dancing always makes me laugh, not a natural mover and shaker here. Do you ever just imagine the music not playing and people dancing? It would seem so ridiculous. And how people you were having a chat with suddenly, and for no apparent reason, start shaking their booty in front of you. Does that seem normal?? If an alien was to land on earth and see the humans dancing for the first time, what might they make of it I wonder???:laugh: or :wallbash: or :mad: or :photo: (because the fellow et's wouldnt believe them without a few snaps?!)

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
29-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Dancing!
I'd love to take Salsa classes - I love that advert where they are dancing in the rain (actually its not an advert it's a promo) and that girls cocks her leg high into the sky in an enormous swooop.

My dancing is restricted to illusionary flailings on the dance floor after a night out....one particular vigorous move Mr Cat calls my Bulgarian Stomp.

I think I'm good anyway - Pans People eat your heart out.
29-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Dancing!
I adore dancing. I was a ballet diva in my very younger years, and took the entrance exam and passed for the Royal Ballet School. But took it no further and have had no formal training of any kind since.

I did toy with the idea of learning 'proper' ballroom dancing - so I didn't make a fool of myself at 'do's'. But never quite got round to it.

Maybe I should look into it again - a physio once told me ballroom dancing was excellent excersise for bad backs - apparently is strengthens your back muscles?

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

29-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Dancing!
I dance purely for pleasure (mine, no-one else's). I used to be quite good at disco back in the 80s. Still quite good at the "French Student" (I'll show you in Dublin).
29-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Dancing!
I am not a natural on the dance floor, better when I've had a few and loosened up a bit. I have no ear for music so my timing is no good and I lack co-ordination. I can do the time warp though as I have been to Rocky Horror Show a few times.

I took a few Salsa lessons a couple of years back and realised I will never make a dancer. I even had the instuction DVD for the moves, I have been looking for it Ils to see if I could find it to send to you but it seems to have disappeared. It could be because was trying to get Mr M to have a go with me.
29-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Dancing!
mazwad Wrote:I even had the instuction DVD for the moves, I have been looking for it Ils to see if I could find it to send to you but it seems to have disappeared.

Well if it does reappear, I would appreciate it if I could have a look, I think I need as much help as I can get :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Line dancing in Malta jaycee 2 592 29-04-2005 05:59 PM
Last Post: Cat