Her Interview Technique Is Dire 88.24% 15 88.24%
Her Interview Techique is Good 0% 0 0%
Its Neither Good Nor Bad 11.76% 2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davina's Eviction Interviews
15-01-2005, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2005 05:09 PM by Pandora.)

I know one or two of us have posted comments re the Jackie interview about Davina's behaviour (maybe you could copy and paste them on here folks?), but I really think Davina deserves her own thread.

Davina's interview technique now seems to entirely consist of her saying, "ERRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmm", trying to be cleverer than the people she is interviewing just in case they forget who is the bigger star, and more infuriatingly playing to the crowd and trying to win their approval by siding with them against more unpopular contestants. Surely as an interviewer she should be impartial?

Her interview with Jackie Stallone showed that Davina was out of her depth. She had no empathy at all with the fact that she interviewing someone old, someone who finds it difficult to understand a UK accent and someone basically who found the whole experience very confusing. It could have been a brilliant interview, had Davina asked the right questions, had spoken slowly enough and hadnt tried to be clever, witty, and talk at 60mph. As an interviewer you should have empathy with those you interview and cater the interview accordingly - Davina is a one trick pony who, in the Stallone interview even seemed to lose the plot toward the end, as the interview ended very messily.

And once - just once - could she stop brown nosing the crowd and be professional !

Allegedly she is being paid £75k per celeb interview. Money for old rope.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2005, 05:35 PM
£75k???????? Sheesh, I can do better than her anyday! And for just 10% of that amount!

I'm off to apply!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! :bye:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2005, 06:47 PM
She drives me mad! I really wish they'd give someone else a try. That horrible nasal voice, and she interrupts ALL the time. :angry:
She hardly ever asks tricky questions either, or if she does, she gives up too easily.

[Image: FXCD0011.JPG]

Dillon, one of my cats who died on New Years Eve. :sad:
15-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I like Davina, but I think she's past her best for Big Brother. it is possible to stay in the same job too long .... I also think that Dermot is in danger of this on BBLB.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-01-2005, 08:44 PM
In Davina's defence.....having attended an eviction...AND somehow managing to get into the studio for the interview. The interview studio is tiny, there are only about 30 people in there in total. Contrary to what you may think...the people are just plucked from the queue - as we were - . There is no warm up, no...you do this, laugh at that etc..we were ushered into the studio 10 mins before Victor came in.

The one I went to she was very funny off camera, her sister was there and she was trying to set her up with that body guard who is always in shot - who is also single.

Having seen the naff stage settings etc..I came away with much more admiration for her.

I will say I a met Russell Brand - he signed my t shirt - and I must say he is very dishy in the flesh..much more so than he appears on tv.

Dermot needs to fight for his 6pm slot...11.40 with a bar load of sweating tossers that is no way to treat the man.
15-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Cat Wrote:Dermot needs to fight for his 6pm slot...11.40 with a bar load of sweating tossers that is no way to treat the man.

lmao!!! couldn't have put it better myself. i've often wondered about that "crowd" they look like they were pulled out of the pub at closing time - and not a very lively pub at that!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
16-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Lyndsay Wrote:She drives me mad! I really wish they'd give someone else a try. That horrible nasal voice, and she interrupts ALL the time. :angry:
She hardly ever asks tricky questions either, or if she does, she gives up too easily.

Hmmmmm the nasal voice hey? well she did have a cocaine problem didnt she - I have quite a few friends that have real "nasal adenoidy" (sp?) type voices and thats down to the same reason!

I think Davina is getting too big for her boots - she showed zilch respect for Jackie, she patronised and ridiculed her for a cheap laugh out of the crowd....how pathetic!

Time to hand over to the lovely cheeky chappy Dermot, he is far better at the job than Davina is now!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
16-01-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree with Queeenie -Davina has just got too complacent in her role.

I rarely watch eviction interviews anymore, because I get so annoyed at how Davina handles it. There is no need for ridicule and humilation, yet Davina seems to relish such creulty now.

She was so different to start with - very sympathetic and understanding - but for the last year or so she has just got much less objective and much more nasty! There have been one or two interviews where she has handled the person with such contempt you'd think she was interviewing a criminal!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
16-01-2005, 04:34 PM
does anyone else think that Davina is very false? i don't know wether i like the women or not!
16-01-2005, 05:43 PM
bridge Wrote:does anyone else think that Davina is very false?

I have always thought that Bridge, I have never liked her!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rumours-double eviction tonight? Eternity 29 3,264 22-01-2005 04:02 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  Fridays eviction! ils 19 3,284 21-01-2005 07:21 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Who do you want to STAY next eviction Bob 9 1,499 17-01-2005 12:49 AM
Last Post: secrets
  1st Eviction Bob 8 1,520 14-01-2005 09:40 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Did Davina look a mess or what? MariaRob 11 2,579 08-01-2005 05:04 PM