Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day Time TV
15-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Day Time TV

I never really get the chance to watch daytime TV as im always at home. But what a load of crud.

I have just seen a show hosted by some tw*t called Jeremy Kyle who dripped in sarcasm and false sincerity. I then watched 60 minute makeover - and i personally cant believe the job would of been done well enough in just an hour. The paint will be sliding off the walls in a day.

Now its Quincey - which must be about 30 years old !!!

Does anyone watch this stuff during the day ? Does it become addictive over time ?

And whats on later :bag:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Day Time TV
Anytime i've been at home during the day there is always ALWAYS ALWAYS a 'Murder She Wrote' on telly....(and iv'e only got 4 stations!):laugh:
You could set your watch by it......

I much prefer Poirot...but he is never on!

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Day Time TV
Aondeag Wrote:I much prefer Poirot...but he is never on!
Oh i hate Poirot. He is a greasy, frenchy little man .... who makes my skin crawl.

I like Inspector Frost though :laugh:

15-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Day Time TV
LOL...he is Belgium.
I LOVE the Poirot series....the sets..the clothes and shoes the girls wear....the orient express.
Daytime telly over here is mostly cartoons and 'lifestyle' programmes...and tons of australian soaps and things.
A good film or mini series would not go astray......

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
15-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Day Time TV
Daytime telly is total poop. When I was home on maternity leave I didn't bother even switching it on until after 5.00pm, and that was only to watch the Fimbles.
I used to quite like Trisha Blush , but in my defence I did used to live with one of the producers, so I felt kind of attached to it. But the others are all rubbish.

Thinking about it though, it's not a whole lot better in the evenings either, I could quite happile live without a TV (apart from Big Brother, 24 and X factor, that is) :nerd:

Bollox to potplants
15-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Day Time TV
Your right Floops - telly is pretty pants in the evening too right now.

I prefer winter TV. Lots of two part dramas to get stuck into on a cold winters evenings and plenty of good films on sky. Im missing watching films right now cos i want to watch BB. I will be pleased when BB and Love Island have finished. Im bored with them now, but i feel i still have to watch.

15-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Day Time TV
I work from home so if daytime TV was any good at all I'd be sneaking the TV on at every opportunity - fortunately it's TERRIBLE! No chance of getting addicted Bons, and I agree about Jeremy Kyle, can't stand it...

there is Come Dine With Me at 4.30pm on C4 though, that's good, but then you have to turn the TV off quickly so as to avoid Richard and Judy :x
15-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Day Time TV
I actually don't mind the property programmes cos you get to noce round people's houses. Not the redecorating or DIY ones, the House in the COuntry/Location Location type ones. But only in moderation and if there's absolutely nothing else to do.

Bollox to potplants
16-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Day Time TV
Whne i`m at home in the day I usually catch up on the latest news or tend to watch things I have recorded that no one else wants to watch. Oh Animal park was on a few weeks back at 9.15 and I tried to make a point of having that on. Then it`s usually countdown and come dine with me
16-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Day Time TV
I hate day time TV...it is one run of Antiques shows after another followed by crappy chat shows and then a touch of make over and cookery followed by a glut of property type programmes! How boring can you get!

The only good thing on daytime TV on occasion is the re-runs of Without a Trace at 1100 on ch4 but now that time slot is taken up by Shipwrecked Sad

Evening TV doesn't bear much better and when it does get good it's always four things on at the same time and you just can't watch and tape them all! :ranting:

I'm just glad I have my two new DVD box sets to enjoy! :naughty:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What time did you have your bath last night? Mars 26 4,446 10-10-2008 11:31 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Time to say goodbye. The Curmudgeon 81 6,403 28-05-2008 06:32 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Worrying Time Over Cat. Northern angel 36 3,155 09-02-2007 04:22 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Next time you go shopping.... Andrea 9 1,762 24-10-2006 09:54 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  time for tea! mikado 15 1,752 26-08-2006 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn
  Your first time... Coastie 12 1,960 15-06-2006 06:58 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  OK..I really am back this time.... Kittencat 19 1,880 07-12-2005 12:32 PM
Last Post: Kittencat
  When was the last time you had a "decent" ****? Patsy 24 1,816 05-09-2005 05:41 PM
Last Post: Rob
  You know you spend too much time on this site when... Dolores 43 2,796 21-08-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: mazwad
  Time Line Therapy report Marmoset 11 1,320 07-07-2005 06:51 PM
Last Post: Marmoset