Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derren Brown - The Gathering
29-05-2005, 05:34 PM

This is on right after Big Brother tonight! Apparently Derren gets to do his stuff in front of an invited audience of celebs and fellow magicians at a secret location...promises to be absolutely BRILL as usual....so when BB ends stay tuned for a real treat!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I really fancy this as i find Derren Brown fascinating. Ill watch the 1st half an hour and if its pants ill switch to ITV and Celeb Love Island. If its good ill record ITV instead.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
29-05-2005, 07:17 PM
I really fancy Derren Brown. :wub:
29-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Ceridwen Wrote:I really fancy Derren Brown. :wub:
Shall we go and wait outside the stage door at the next theatre he is at, and kidnap him??? :wink2:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
30-05-2005, 09:17 AM
I admit, he is kinda cute.

I watched all of last nights show, but was a bit dissapointed. Dont get me wrong, the man is VERY clever and talented, but i thought the show lacked the entertainment value. Although in one respect it was great to see a show that wasnt full of fancy graphics, or eye candy ..... i suppose i have been spoilt by other shows and felt it needed 'something'.

I do find the way he manages to 'hypnotise' large groups of people was brilliant though. And when many of them walked out with no memory of the show whatsoever i couldnt stop laughing. Class :thumbsup:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
30-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Sadly it was all stuff I saw on both his live shows. :sad:
30-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I admit, he is kinda cute.

I watched all of last nights show, but was a bit dissapointed. Dont get me wrong, the man is VERY clever and talented, but i thought the show lacked the entertainment value. Although in one respect it was great to see a show that wasnt full of fancy graphics, or eye candy ..... i suppose i have been spoilt by other shows and felt it needed 'something'.

I do find the way he manages to 'hypnotise' large groups of people was brilliant though. And when many of them walked out with no memory of the show whatsoever i couldnt stop laughing. Class :thumbsup:

I agree Bonnie, it was a bit boring in places. He is undoubtedly a clever guy and very entertaining, but I think his style is more suited to television.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
30-05-2005, 04:21 PM
A couple of things I wondered about afterwards:

1) There was no mention of the big flashing sign at the back with the word "FORGET" that I saw flash 5 times (and I presume it flashed many more times that the camera was looking in the other direction). So when he has hypnotised them all, why not mention it to us the tv audience (as for whatever reason, we see it - they don't, or is it that they start to see it but then forget it whereas we don't on tv). hmmmm, no harm in telling us that one.

2) The guy wrote the two numbers down, but we never saw what he wrote down. So, did he end up changing his mind and saying the numbers put into his head (4 and 5), or did those numbers get put there to start with so that he wrote them down. I'm guessing not and he wrote different numbers, or is it part of the ruse to get to 4 and 5 ....hmmm

Yes I agree, he is a bit too shrill in the live shows and far better when looking mean, serious and mysterious.
30-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Mouse he did mention the forget thing - he told the audience the whole show was rigged to make them forget it when they left.

Presumably he was hoping to have the same effect on the TV audience...:unsure:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Derren Brown: Heist Haydon_acc2 3 998 06-01-2006 01:38 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  Derren Brown - Trick of the Mind Ceridwen 32 7,629 16-05-2005 06:39 PM
Last Post: Ceridwen
  Derren Brown - Messiah Ceridwen 14 3,048 09-01-2005 06:43 PM
Last Post: Ceridwen