Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know?
10-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Did you know?

Road tax went up in the last budget, seems hardly anyone picked up on that and people are going in their droves to PO's with their cheques written out and finding they have to pay more.

Another stealth Tax from our darling government - they kept this one quiet!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Did you know?
Actually, yes I did. Becaue our road tax is always due just after the budget and on going to the post office ready to pay £165 she politely informed me it was now £170. :ranting:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Did you know?
Nope - I was one of the hundreds of thousands who are blissfully unaware - well I am not so blissful anymore.:ranting:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Did you know?
To be honest I'm not bothered as the increase is within the bounds of inflation. What's the issue?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Did you know?
Fair enough, but the issue is that no one knew about it, another stealth tax by this caring, open bunch.
10-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Did you know?
Stealth tax - my ar$e.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
10-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Did you know?
survivorfan Wrote:Stealth tax - my ar$e.

No! They're not! Are they?
10-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Did you know?
Well me and Mr M had no idea either so it sounds a bit stealthy to me was it printed in the paper with all the others things or not because I never heard it mentioned anywhere.
10-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Did you know?
Seems nobody knew, looking around other sites everyone is angry about another STEALTH TAX! :wink2:
10-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Did you know?
survivorfan Wrote:Stealth tax - my ar$e.

I got it Dab!!:wink2:

But come on sf - I know it is a lovely one but how on earth are the government going to tax it publically, let alone stealthily.

Are they going to creep up behind you one day, and whilst you are distracted buying the paper - stick a big sticker on it saying - now Mr SF [cos they use capitals] your ar$e is now taxed and you owe us some money?

Or worse still - not tell you and then one day you will be reading the paper and you will recieve in the post a court summons for not paying the tax on your ar$e - and because you didn't know you will something like 'Drat and double drat, I didn't know about this, that was very a stealthy movement by the government'?

Now do forgive that little foray into fantasy land? If the masses didn't know about it, if it wasn't made public knowledge before people like Andrea actually went to tax her car - then if not stealth, perhaps we could say 'sneaky' or 'underhand' or 'covert'?

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]