Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diet
31-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Diet

Well chaps and chappies, im officially going on a diet today .... of sorts :mellow:

When i moved here 9 months ago i was a stone lighter than i am now :wink2: How did that happen ???? I dont feel im overeating, but i must be. Im also getting heaps more exercise dog walking daily, but that hasnt helped either. My waist has completely dissapeared. I used to be a classic pear shape with a tiny waist, and now im straight up and down.

So - im basically going to cut out rubbish from my diet. I will still have a good dinner at night as i adore my dinner, but during the day i will be sticking to healthy alternatives rather than bread, bread and bread.

So - anyone else feel the need to shift a few pounds ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Diet
Do you mind me asking how old you are Bons?
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Diet
I need to eat better and my plan was from the 1st of sept - no more indulging myself with rich food or alcohol. However, Im going to a conference in a hotel and have to attend conference dinner.....best laid plans and all that!

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Diet
Patsy Wrote:Do you mind me asking how old you are Bons?

31 .... going on 27 :wink2:

31-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Diet
tonee Wrote:I need to eat better and my plan was from the 1st of sept - no more indulging myself with rich food or alcohol. However, Im going to a conference in a hotel and have to attend conference dinner.....best laid plans and all that!

Oh dear .... still, if its free :wink2: I dont drink like i used to. I drink water in the evenings, sometimes an odd diet coke. I only drink really at the weekends, and maybe once a week, although not to excess.

Like i say, i will still eat the same dinner as Mr.B as i cant be arsed to cook different things - life is too short. BUT i will slightly reduce my portion. I think it must be what im eating during the day. I normally have :-

Breakfast - nothing (naughty i know)

Morning Snack - nothing

Lunch - white baguette (medium) with low fat philly & low fat yoghurt

Afternoon snack - nothing

Dinner - varies, but nowt THAT fattening.

Evening - occasional treat, but normally nothing.

Now, is it me or does that no seem a lot :mellow: Sometimes i will be naughty and have a bag of crisps,. maybe twice a week. I dont eat chocolate either. But i must be doing something wrong.

31-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Diet
No that doesn't seem a lot to me, Bonnie.

But the only thing I would suggest is that you have a breakfast in the mornings. Now, I'm no dietician but I'm pretty sure that your metabolism is at its fastest in the mornings so you should eat something in the morning to get it going. Otherwise, your metabolism will just slow down and consequently it will be more difficult to lose weight.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
31-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Diet
I eat about the same as you Bonnie but just can't seem to lose any weight.

But i think PJ is right, we really should have some breakfast.
I was reading about this the other day.
When you don't eat in the morning, your body thinks you are starving it, so when you do eat later on, your body thinks "Ahh food at last, I don't know when I'm going to get anymore so I better store as much fat as I can"

Although with me, alcohol may be a factor in the weight I put on. :w00t:

[Image: 429.gif]
31-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Diet
Andrea Wrote:Although with me, alcohol may be a factor in the weight I put on. :w00t:

Lol - you're my kinda girl :wink_kiss

I've read the same thing about Breakfast, but i just cant face food first thing in the morning. I used to buy those cereal bar thingies, until i realised how much sugar and rubbish went in them.

You see, ive suddenly turned very organic and healthy since living here, with lots of fresh fruit and veg in my diet, which i why i dont understand the weight gain.

Maybe its my age :mellow:

Ive never been keen on exercise, so i really thought walking the dog about 4 miles a day would help ..... but no, maybe i should put him up for adoption now he is no use to me :ninja:

31-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Diet
Bonsai Wrote:but no, maybe i should put him up for adoption now he is no use to me :ninja:
Tsk tsk! :mellow:

Why don't you buy that "you are what you eat" book by that really annoying woman. My aunt bought it and followed the diests in there and ended up losing a lot of weight. The diet was pretty strict but she said after about a week she actually started enjoying the food and not missing her snacks. She's still doing it just now and the weight is dropping off her.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
31-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Diet
PJ Wrote:Tsk tsk! :mellow:

Why don't you buy that "you are what you eat" book by that really annoying woman. My aunt bought it and followed the diests in there and ended up losing a lot of weight. The diet was pretty strict but she said after about a week she actually started enjoying the food and not missing her snacks. She's still doing it just now and the weight is dropping off her.

Well - i could. BUT i really dont want to do the separate dinners for me and Mr.B route. I work full time, and have jobs at home every evening, and really havent got the time to prepare two different meals (as i sure cant give Mr.B low fat stuff as he needs to put on weight).

I would rather just cut the portion size down, but have a normal dinner and be strict during the day / evening.

I think another problem of mine is that i eat late. Mr.B isnt home until 8:45 at night, and so we normally eat a heavy meal around 9pm. In the past (at last house) we would eat at 7:30 ish, so that could account for it ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diet Coke and mints! Andrea 11 1,047 21-06-2006 01:43 PM
Last Post: Coastie