Cabbage Soup Diet
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diets
21-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Diets

I have recently started dieting again after putting on a few pounds over the last few months. I have tried many diets over the years and I have found Weight Watchers has worked the best for me which got me wondering what diets you have tried and did they work for you?

I have set the poll as a multiple choice so you can choose more than one option before you vote!
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Diets
Best one for me has been stress! But I am desperately trying to get back onto the South Beach which I really liked.

But I shall also get back to the gym as well.

Tomorrow.:laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
21-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Diets
I'm not a great fan of faddy diets - its enough to cut out the crap, stop snacking (except for fruit) and eat smaller portions. A a bit of exercise doesn't go amis either.

The only diet I have ever done is the Atkins diet. I did it a couple of years ago because Mr H was on it. And it worked bluddy well too. I lost about half a stone without trying. Mr H lost 2 stone in about 3 months!!!

But, you couldn't keep it up and as soon as you start eating carbs again, the weight goes straight back on.

I've heard good things about Weight watchers. A few of my friends have done it and it seems like the most sensible / least faddy one out there.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Diets
I don't diet I eat healthy food because I like it. I always inspect ingredients when I buy food and make sure it's as natural as possible. Sometimes when I'm hungry I do myself a whole bowl of mixed veg and eat it as if it were a bowl of pop corn. :w00t: (HJ thinks I'm mad!!) I absolutely love salad and Hugh Jaas regularly goes out and gets me a greek salad from the greek restaurant down the road if he knows I'm feeling down.

.. any hints for putting on weight?? I think I'm too skinny!

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
21-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Diets
The only way to loose weight and for it to stay off is regular exercise.

Hate me if you will.
21-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Diets
I am currently walking 5 miles a day, 3 times a week, and boy does that help! Especially if you kick into power walking for a while.

I have also just bought the books on the GI Diet plan, and that looks to be pretty good because it's a lifestyle change. Anthony Worrel Thomson lost loads on it, and reckoned he's still eating much what he likes. If he can 'chef' and lose 2 stone in two months - then it's gotta be good!
21-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Diets
I have never had to diet but recently have noticed the waistline is thickening a bit and I now weigh about half a stone more than I did a couple of years ago. I am 5ft5in and weigh 10st 4lb for years I weighed eight and a half stone then I gave up smoking for three years and put on a stone that was 22 years ago and I am still smoking so I think it does have an effect on my weight. I have decided just to eat smaller portions of what I usually eat and see how it goes.
21-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Diets
I've never really tried a diet as such but about a year ago I just stopped snacking on chocolate and crisps late at night and I lost about a stone in weight.

More recently I lost about 1/2 stone but have put that back on, I think my alcohol intake has gone up a bit in the last month or two.
So I really need to cut back again and I should really do some more exercise as well.
After watching the marathon I've been wondering about starting running, or I should really get my bike out again now its getting light in the evenings, and I should really start going again to aqua-aerobics on a friday morning.
Ooh the decisions, It'l take me a few months to decide what to do:wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
21-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Diets
I've never followed a commercial diet, if I diet it's usually just cutting out sugar and fat. I know I eat way too much chocolate but I was pleased to hear on the news this morning that eating choc regularly decreases my chances of develping breast cancer!
I am over weight, but I do exercise regularly and have maintained a steady weight for the past 12 months. The ony time I had a massive weight loss was when I was severely stressed, not a way I would reccomend to anyone.
I'm sure if I really put the effort in I could lose weight by cutting down on all the chocolate and following a sensible eating plan. Trouble is I can't cook unless it's steak or pasta and salad!
I might consider joining slimming world as I obviously need help to keep the weight off rather than losing a stone and then gong back to eating chocolate meals.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
22-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Diets
Atkins - lost loads of weight, felt really awful, looked like sh7t, only had six poos in eight weeks! :sick: Put weight back on in about three weeks when finished.

Slimming World - lost two stones, managed to follow it to maintain weight for 2 years after, but only because I lived at home and Mum had the time to cook the sort of stuff you could eat on it. As soon as I left home I put it all back on, plus an extra five stones to boot.

Slimming pills - I was on them for years before I realised how bad they are for you. I was on Phentermine and Tenuate Dospan. Starved myself and couldn't sleep. Lost loads of weight then put it back on immediately.

GI Diet - excellent, sensible principles to follow. Gradual weight loss and good health.

Paul McKenna - inspired me to eat healthily following the GI route - I was very much an emotional eater before.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diets jaycee 15 1,119 27-06-2005 09:04 PM
Last Post: jaycee