Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divorce and Prenuptials
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials

You must have all heard that Heather Mills-Mccartney is in line for a £70 million pound divorce settlement after just four years of marriage, allegedly consisting of a £15 million lump sum and a further £3.5million for every year until their daughter reaches 18.

Sir Paul famously declined to sign a pre-nup agreement, because he didn't think it was appropriate when you were in love with someone to not share everything you had with them.

More and more wealthy men are refusing to get married because are frightened of being targetted by gold-diggers and they dont want to have their wives run off with half their money.

Would you/have you signed a pre-nuptial agreement? Do you think they are a good idea or a suggestion that marriage is no longer a lifetime promise?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials
If the marriage is going to last,then it'll last so i don't see the harm in a pre-nup.

At least it's all square up-front.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2007 10:03 AM by Northern angel.)
Divorce and Prenuptials
Hello Seabreaze,

Simply have to agree with Fee.

I personally think they are an excellent idea. I do know from experience even in a common law husband and wife situation, you can sign an agreement with a solicitor which indicates what each partner has brought to the relationship or marriage. This is to protect your personal belongings and wealth if any, so that you do not lose out if things finally culminate in a break up.

I don't think it signifies the end of marriage though, marriage is an institution that is in desperate need of change. Far to many men have been taken to the cleaners in the past and as a modern woman would hate this to happen to either party.

It also helps with your family in terms of support as they feel vindicated that all there efforts have not been in vain, if you can retain what's yours prior to becoming a couple.

Sadly, I know of a young couple at present whose relationship always seems to be on the rocks and if anything should go wrong the man who has put nothing in to the relationship or the family home stands to gain half of everything from her. Which to me is wrong. He has scrounged and scrounged long enough of what little resources and finances she has and he seems content to just carry on taking. His family have failed to install in there son any sense of responsibility whatsoever so it must be a godsend to them that she remains a mug.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Divorce and Prenuptials
Northern angel Wrote:marriage is an institution that is in desperate need of change.

Maureen
Northern angel.

How so? how do you change marriage?
I am interested....
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials
Me too! Does it involve surgery?
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials
Me too; I'm interested in how it can be changed.

All I can come uo with is a sort of package deal, like with Sky. You could have a basic package that includes stuff like him taking out rubbish, doing x hours of decorating and nookie once a week and then various options in between to the budget mega-deal with all sorts of extras.

Any problems and you can phone the call-centre in India for instructions on how to reboot. Or cancel the service and find an alternative.

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
12-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Divorce and Prenuptials
Fee For All Wrote:. Or cancel the service and find an alternative.

But would this only be possible if you had a pre-nup in place?
12-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Divorce and Prenuptials
No, Buzz. Termination arrangements would be written in to the new-style marriage contract automatically!

It would just be a case of giving the required notice and cancelling your standing order to the Dept Of Organised Marriages (DOOM)

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
12-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials
Fee For All Wrote:No, Buzz. Termination arrangements would be written in to the new-style marriage contract automatically!

It would just be a case of giving the required notice and cancelling your standing order to the Dept Of Organised Marriages (DOOM)

Can you do this retrospectively(sp?). Is it too late for me to apply for?
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Divorce and Prenuptials
I expect it is, Buzz as you probably have one of the old-style TDDUP agreements.

Tough :sleep:

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]