Do you believe in the paranormal?
no.

not a great believer. :wave:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2004, 04:46 PM
I don't think I have.

I'm undecided about all the paranormal stuff as it can't be "proved". But, it also can't be "disproved", so I guess it's up to the individual to make their own decision based on personal experience or gut feeling. Most of the time I don't really buy it, but sometimes I wonder.......

I know several people - intelligent, rational people - who will claim that they have had experience of the paranormal, and its hard to disregard the opinion of people whose judgement you trust. And I myself once visited a Spiritualist and had one of the the most moving and disturbing experiences of my life. I am convinced the man was not a charlatan, and at that precise moment in time I would've sworn blind that paranormal forces were at work. But in the cold light of day was there really another explanation?

I don't think about it much to be honest. I often can't be bothered to think a lot about stuff which cannot be proved.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-11-2004, 04:49 PM
I have had quite a lot of unexplained experiences but I leave them at that - unexplained experiences. I think a lot of the "paranormal" explanations people attribute to such things are sheer laziness. I am sure there are perfectly rational explanations for all of these phenomena and these, in time, will become clear.

After all, primitive man would have considered a solar eclipse to be paranormal!!
21-11-2004, 05:55 PM
I've had several experiences myself, both of which I will not write on here.

But I know several credible people who have had experiences, that they cannot or will not deny, and that makes it hard for me not to believe in the paranormal. Except I would rather call it something else.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
21-11-2004, 06:19 PM
tigger767 Wrote:I've had several experiences myself, both of which I will not write on here.

Oh go on. ....

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Sorry SF, they are both real special experiences that I have only shared with those that are closest. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
21-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Well - you could pretend we're close.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
30-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Well i had a great weekend in wales,stayed in this inn place in tenby was built into an old castle wall was very eerie caught a few light annomilies but not a lot just went for the experience for em really,sittin in a pitch black room with night vision camera's asking if there was anyone there,i will def do again.

Sammy xx :wave:xx
30-11-2004, 03:40 PM
I totally believe in the paranormal. I have seen a ghost, and hubby / hubbies relatives have seen a whole lot more.

I believe :cool2:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paranormal Ponderings PJ 18 969 18-10-2005 12:53 PM
Last Post: Aondeag