Poll: do you floss ... the truth please!!!
yes always
no, never
sometimes but not as often as I know I should
I'm a dentist and I never floss
I'm a dentist and I always floss
stfu dolores
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you floss your teeth?
09-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Do you floss your teeth?

so, big question .... do you floss your teeth?

another (separate) big question (one for you PJ, our little dentistry practising chum) do dentists earn any money by passing on patients for a scrape and polish?

I ask cos I've just paid £42 ...yes folks thats POUNDS 42 for a polish and scrape!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
I rarely floss, but I just sort of had to because I had roast beef in my teeth. I used the lid of a pot of gooseberry fool from Waitrose.
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
I floss occasionally but always before I go to the dentist! :w00t:

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
09-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
Hello Dolores,

42.00 pounds a bit excessive.

BTW I floss my teeth every alternate day.
Clean my teeth normally every morning and evening.
I also use a teeth cleaning system alternate days to try and keep my smile just right.
I also carry dental chewing gum and after a meal out will chew on a peice.

My teeth never need a scrape and polish but I do have a check up every 6 months.

Had some agony awhile back and had to have the first real work done for years. One tooth out as a result of an abcess in my gum and another filled.

Hope the scrape and polish keeps your teeth in order.

Maureen
Northern angel

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
10-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
Nope never.

Honest enough??
11-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Do you floss your teeth?
When I`ve been for a clean up at the dentist and they tell me I should floss more I usually do for about a week then just give up . Too much like hard work
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
Pats,

I'd have thought in your case that once you've taken them out you could use anything pointy then buffed them up nicely with the black & decker

:boxing:

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
15-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
I think you're supposed to floss your teeth every day. I certainly don't. Usually I only floss them if I've got something stuck between them.

I once flossed my teeth with sewing cotton as I didn't have any actual floss. Big mistake. I might as well have taken a scalpel to my gums.
30-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Do you floss your teeth?
I can't floss...even my old hygenist used to struggle when she tried to floss my teeth...they are too close together to get even the finest floss between without a struggle which results in bleeding gums! :wacko:

I actually had a bit of a set to with my old dentist over this...she asked if I flossed and I said no and before I could explain further she went off on a 'Oh you're going to die of heart disease...blah...blah...blah...' when she finally pause for breath and removed her instruments from her gob I explained and she said 'Oh!'

I do have one of those small point brushes that gets in the tiny gap at between the botom of your teeth though!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
30-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Do you floss your teeth?
Oops, didn't see option 5 before I voted.

Anyway, yes I floss every night before going to bed. I don't buy all this "hard work" nonsense - it takes 2 minutes people!

Coastie - might I suggest Dental Tape instead of floss if you're teeth are very close together. Does the same thing but doesn't shread. And the only reason your gums bleed when you do it is because it's obviously not clean enough between your teeth and your technique's probably poor. Get your dentist to show you.

And Dol - £42 for a scale and polish?? That seems a bit excessive - especially if it was just done in the one visit. A scale and polish in Scotland, under the NHS, costs £9.76 if it only takes one visit to do. Are you one of these posh people who have gone private?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wisdom teeth.... PJ 21 1,575 31-05-2005 03:19 PM
Last Post: Becks