Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a TV at work ?
14-06-2006, 08:53 AM

During the last World Cup i was working in London, and they hired a TV especially for the event (and for Wimbledon). It was great, and even when the games started early in the morning we would all get to work early armed with bacon sarnies and glugging beer at 7:30am :laugh:

This year though we dont have a TV at work .... BUT i have to say my boss has just done something that has given me a ready brek glow. He has said we will finish work early tomorrow so we can all get home and watch the match. Awwww how sweet.

So i get to leave at 4:30pm.

Are your bosses being lenient, or have you a TV at work ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2006, 09:37 AM
We have a TV in the rest rooms so basically it's a case of fight for the best meal break when it comes to watching the footie during our work days...however...we have been known to smuggle a portable TV into the main office and set it up...without sound...this works quite well but is only permitted in extreme circumstances!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-06-2006, 09:51 AM
We have access to about 4 tv sets where I work.Because we use them for work purposes.They won't be used to show soccer though,as there are televisions that people can watch in the restaurant and the cafe, if people want to watch the matches.
Interesting enought we are allowed watch the big racing events, the Grand Nationals etc.And we had it on during the demise of Pope JP last year, and during other significant events OH...and in the summer when it's really quiet..some people watch 'Dallas'.:laugh:

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
14-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Aondeag Wrote:OH...and in the summer when it's really quiet..some people watch 'Dallas'.:laugh:

Noo...that should soo not be allowed...I hope you are not one of these people! :shocking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-06-2006, 12:29 PM
LOL...no..luckily Dallas is just on during break times (we can take a half hour break every afternoon anytime between 3:30 and 4:30)
I sometimes would throw my ear at the screen if it looks like there is something dasterdly going on in Southfork.But otherwise I just sit here and work away.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
14-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Phew...that's a relief...it means I can still respond to your posts! Cool