Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have any peculiar habits?
03-08-2005, 01:26 PM

Some of you will probably have seen the first part of The House of Obsessive Compulsives this week. I don't know about you, but this topic fascinates me. I'm sure most of us are lucky enough not to suffer from actual OCD. But have of you got/had any strange little habits or compulsions which you would like to share with the group?

I've had a few over the years, most of which have virtually gone now, but I've noticed that my youngest has similar ones. Like, counting the number of syllables in a word or sentence and not being happy unless it's an even number. Even numbers are very important to me.

Or ending on the top step with a certain foot. There are more, but I don't want to scare you. :naughty:

PS - could a mod change my "an" to an "any" please. It'll drive me mad otherwise. TY.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Yes i have one in particular which i have always had. I have a thing about clean cutlery / plates etc .... I have my own mug / cutley / plate etc and if anyone else uses them - then they must die :ninja:

I hate eating round other peoples houses, and would feel a lot better if i could take my own pots with me BUT then i would worry how to wash them as i dont like the thought of someone using an old dish cloth on my plate.

Also - if i have dinner, and someone offers me seconds or i fancy seconds at home - then I need a clean plate / cutlery before i can eat it. If i dont have these things i would rather go without.

At work people have always known how funny i am. In my last job they knew that my plate was my plate and noone would use it. When i joined this company i came equipped with my own stuff.

Ill never forgot in my last job a work man used my mug - and there was digestive crumbs in the bottom and tea dribbles down the side .... and i threw the mug in the bin. I could never use it again !!!

I am getting better - and camping has helped as you cant be as fussy. I do on occasion use a spoon at work that isnt mine, and i seem to be ok when it comes to glasses. Weird huh :bag:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Far too many to mention without you lot calling the men in white coats to come and get me :bag: they dont call me "Monica" for nothing, although I would prefer Phoebe :glare:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
i have OCD, take meds for it....hooray for meds!!!! I have a long list of things that are bothersome to me. I'm funny about where I eat, I can only use certain bathrooms, odd numbers are taboo, it goes into folding clothes and grocery shopping...very complicated sometimes. msgirl :mellow:
03-08-2005, 04:51 PM
My neighbour's daughter is the same msgirl - she can't sit in a car unless she first vacuums the seat. And she can't eat her lunch in school with the other kids - she has to be left by herself in a classroom.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
03-08-2005, 06:42 PM
my niece was treated with therapy for borderline ocd several years ago, apparently it was due to her fathers drug addiction, she became obsessive about simple things as a knock on effect of what his behaviour did to her psychologically......thankfully as it was diagnosed early on it was treated with counselling (and probably more to do with the death of her father which happened while she was in therapy so they worked through that with her too) and she is now a very happy, beautiful, little girl Smile

as for my own funny ways, I think they stem from living on my own too long, combined with me being a bit of a "control freak" any way, there are so many things that are out of my control I tend to focus on the little things that I CAN......much to the amusement of my dear family and darling friends :glare: :laugh: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
03-08-2005, 06:56 PM
well, i did the thing that really drives mr. msgirl crazy today....not anything lewd...i wash the dishes in hot, soapy water before i put them in the dishwasher. he can deal with most of my quirks, but he's hung up on this one. and i cannot -CANNOT- load the dishwasher until everything has been hand washed. :goof:
03-08-2005, 07:05 PM
mississippigirl Wrote:well, i did the thing that really drives mr. msgirl crazy today....not anything lewd...i wash the dishes in hot, soapy water before i put them in the dishwasher. he can deal with most of my quirks, but he's hung up on this one. and i cannot -CANNOT- load the dishwasher until everything has been hand washed. :goof:

bless you msgirl, my sis always rinses stuff under a hot tap before putting it in her dishwasher, but she says its easier to keep it clean that way......I AM the dishwasher in our house :sad:

i always wash and style my hair before going to the hairdressers (EVEN when it was my SISTER doing it!!!!!) and in my single days I used to have a cleaner, and I would tidy the flat before she came Blush

03-08-2005, 07:06 PM
You're all a bunch of freaky wierdos!! :w00t:

I dont think I have any peculiar habits at all, apart from needing to have my back to the wall in pubs and clubs and knowing the best escape route, but I think that's a product of having spent too much time in shifty east end establishments where a quick getaway avoided police capture :naughty:

Bollox to potplants
03-08-2005, 07:12 PM
floopy, mr. msgirl ALWAYS has to sit to face the door, but his is probably hillbilly, southern redneck raising. that's the only really strange thing he does.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Disgusting food habits? Critique 53 3,454 06-05-2005 10:58 PM
Last Post: Fee For All