Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know what your faults are? and do you try to correct them?
16-09-2005, 05:29 PM

It's all very well having faults and admitting them but do you ever try to do anything to correct them?

By worse fault is gossiping and yes I have tried to stop myself, but I do it without even realising sometimes and I always regret it afterwards. (I have to add that it is never with malicious intent ... honest guv!).

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I havent got any faults - im P.E.R.F.E.C.T :w00t: :bag:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I talk too much....if there's a silence I'll fill it and I know my constant whittering on can annoy people, so I do try not to do it and just leave the silence silent - but it's hard!!
Find all posts by this user
16-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Take heart Minky....you are not alone, I have a tendancy to whitter on too......I cannot abide silence in a room full of people. So I talk to fill the gap.
16-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Minklemar Wrote:I talk too much....if there's a silence I'll fill it and I know my constant whittering on can annoy people, so I do try not to do it and just leave the silence silent - but it's hard!!

well that's why I started this thread really! My colleague talks far too much, much more than most people do. She knows she does it but can't stop herself. She says me and her (with both admin assistants) are like the two secretaries in Catherine Tate where the chatty one (her) is constantly trying to make the worker one (me!) answer her inane questions by continually badgering her to guess what she had for tea last night, what she watched on telly last night, how much her shoes cost etc etc. So she know she does it!

And now cos she wasn't offered a better job in our section (cos of her talking, although no-one has had the guts to tell her this officially) she wonders why ... when the reason is her constant chatting and I do mean constant!! And yet she just takes umbrage she didn't get the job offer and still does nothing about the talking!

As Frasier said to Niles "when was the last time you had an unexpressed thought"!!! She NEVER does!

I will add that she is a lovely person outside of work.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
16-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Minklemar Wrote:I talk too much....if there's a silence I'll fill it and I know my constant whittering on can annoy people, so I do try not to do it and just leave the silence silent - but it's hard!!

lol...i'm just the opposite...I don't always talk enough...leaving those awkward silences where I just assume anything i'll say really isn't of much value..so I just don't say anything. Sometimes i can carry on a great conversation...but other times I can be real crap at carrying my part of the conversation...
16-09-2005, 07:37 PM
My worst fault is that I rise to the bait too easily. I wish I was more laid back. Trouble is, I do like to goad and tease other people, but then can't take it back.

I've had people at work today "joking" about me being stroppy because I said there was a difference between being stroppy and assertive. Of course, the longer the joke went on, the stroppier I got. The joke wore thin by midday and by 6.00pm I was fit to kill someone. I called Mr P and went for a drink after work instead. That, together with a mixed shish/chicken kebab has hit the spot ........... for now!
16-09-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't know what my faults are towards other people.

What annoys me about myself is my pernikityness, I like things just so, but I am the most messiest personage ever.

I hate over spending, but I have no control

I do hate bitching.

So my faults probably are: Not tolerating bitching of any sort.

Amen
16-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I hate long silences too Buzz and I can whitter just to fill the gaps in conversation then after I have spouted a load of old rubbish I stop and think and wish I hadn't said certain things.

I am also a great one for putting my foot in it then backtracking and making it worse by over explaining what I have said in the first place when I should have left well alone.

I can also sulk over something stupid and thats when I try to analyze myself out of it so I do make an attempt at changing my bad habits.
17-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Mmmm where do I start??? Smile

I would say, overall, my worst fault is being selfish, not with little things, I am generous with sharing things and helping folk, but looking back over my life I have always decided what I wanted to do, and done it Smile

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.