Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you play?
24-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Do you play?

Do you play an instrument? What? Music style?
Did you leave behind music/instruments when you were younger?
Are you interested in learning to play?

Me: I used to be able to read music, now I no longer remember.
I studied the cello, love to listen to the cello, can no longer play but I am thinking of taking up lessons again. Seems like a very hard task though.
Played the guitar a bit but got bored with my boring playing.
Tried the bhodrain but just made a lot of noise. I love drumming though and play around with the idea of playing - the dhol is fantastic to listen to if it is played well.

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Do you play?
I used to be able to read music, and i learn to play the organ when i was in my teens - but now i wouldnt have a clue. I dont really have a desire to play a musical instrument .... although the drums often look kinda fun :mellow:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Do you play?
I was in Choir singing from middle school through high school and was able to read music but it's gone by the wayside. I really am dying to learn the guitar. My husband started to take lessons then flaked out but I keep telling myself I will, I will, I will. My husband took piano as a child and can play some lovely things but WON'T do it b/c I guess he hated the lessons and maybe was traumitized???? I think piano music is so beautiful!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
24-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Do you play?
I forgot I sang in a choir and we sang backing vocals to Boney M and that group "Save your kisses for me" whoever they are!!!I think I was a pretentious git in the choir though so I dont opt to return to that!!

24-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Do you play?
tonee Wrote:I forgot I sang in a choir and we sang backing vocals to that group "Save your kisses for me" whoever they are!!!I

Brotherhood of man?? Respect. A great Eurovision song.

I'm completley tone deaf and have attempted the recorder and the piano but feel sure I was pretty awful at both.
24-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Do you play?
maxine Wrote:Brotherhood of man?? Respect. A great Eurovision song.

I'm completley tone deaf and have attempted the recorder and the piano but feel sure I was pretty awful at both.

Yep.Respect is not a word I would use. I should audition for the x factor but I seem to be very aware that I cant sing so that would stop me!!

24-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Do you play?
I play a bit of guitar...

Love doing a bit of percussion....

Can hold a tune but the furthest I would ever get is boot camp....if there...

I tend to write songs but am pants at writing the music/cords to go with them. I have a friend that helps me iwth that.

I will pretty much write, sing and play anything as I enjoy all kinds of music in some form or another.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
24-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Do you play?
Coastie Wrote:I play a bit of guitar...

Love doing a bit of percussion....

Can hold a tune but the furthest I would ever get is boot camp....if there...

I tend to write songs but am pants at writing the music/cords to go with them. I have a friend that helps me iwth that.

I will pretty much write, sing and play anything as I enjoy all kinds of music in some form or another.
I think you should practice Dirty Old Town for your visit here.It will stand you in good stead.

24-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Do you play?
My piano lessons were cut short at an early age when the local piano teacher turned out to be, well, let's just say it wasn't a conductor's baton he was sticking into our backs when we were playing :ohmy:

Anyway, I inherited a piano a couple of years ago and I WILL take it up again. When I have time.

It's fun to have in the house though.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
24-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Do you play?
Fee For All Wrote:My piano lessons were cut short at an early age when the local piano teacher turned out to be, well, let's just say it wasn't a conductor's baton he was sticking into our backs when we were playing :ohmy:

Anyway, I inherited a piano a couple of years ago and I WILL take it up again. When I have time.

It's fun to have in the house though.

A few stories to tell.................in the news today about swimming lessons and the instructor........what was the game those days?