Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you roll your own cigs?
01-09-2006, 12:38 PM

Tell me, is there a phenomenon such as "non-stick spit"?

Me an' hubby use the same cigarette paper brand and yet when he rolls them they stick and stay stuck, when I roll them they immediately unstick Sad

I've tried making them nearly soggy (extra spit) and I've tried just a little lick (less spit) and I've tried just doing it as it comes and nothing works!

So can some boffin out there tell me if there's a known enzyme that some people carry in their saliva that renders "sticky" into "non-sticky"? If so, it's hereditary because my son has the same problem.

(And yes, I have the same trouble with stamps and envelopes, except now you can buy both of these with peel-off backing so you don't have to lick).
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Found this, so I suggest you do the opposite.

My saliva is thick and sticky. What can I do?

Radiation Therapy to the head and neck area can change the amount and type of saliva you produce. Not drinking enough fluid can also thicken secretions. Here are some suggestions to help you cope with thick and sticky saliva:
  • Be sure you are drinking at least 8 – 10 glasses of fluid daily.
  • To help clear your mouth and wash foods down, take sips of warm liquids such as: soups, hot chocolate, Ovaltine®, broth, tea or warm water with each mouthful of food.
  • Beverages that are slightly tart or carbonated may help thin secretions. Try lemon-flavoured soda pop or soda water; ice tea, Snapple®, Gatorade®, lemonade, orange flavoured drinks or popsicles. These beverages may not be well tolerated if you have a sore mouth or throat.
  • The fat in milk products and other foods may stick to the saliva you have and make it seem more sticky. Some people find that lower fat milks (1% or skim milk) is easier to tolerate.
  • Rinse your mouth frequently with club soda or baking soda and water (¼ tsp to 1 cup).

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2006, 12:47 PM
the latest batch of papers I have bought have been cack - falling apart as I smoke my ciggie, which when its one of my special herbal ones, is very annoying :pimp:

the best ones are Rizla in the little 5 pack, its when I have bought them seperately they have been rubbish!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
02-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I use the Red Rizzla Kingsize papers (yeah I know everyone thinks I'm smoking a joint but I use a filter and by the time you put a filter in those little ones, there's only a couple of puffs in them). If hubby had the same problem I'd say it was a cack batch too but he manages with 'em. It must be me Blush
02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sure the company does this on purpose for a laugh.

You are going along quite happily using your papers. Then all of a sudden you try to roll one and the damn paper is inside out. Meaning the sticky side of the paper is on the outside of the ciggy and you then have to start all over again.

How annoying:pimp:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
No i don't roll my own well not unless i'm smoking a spliff Haaa (that was a joke ):pimp:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toilet Roll! Coastie 36 2,741 07-08-2005 10:46 PM
Last Post: Coastie