Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc Martin
01-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Doc Martin

Got to say...got the DVD for christmas of Series one of Doc Martin and its worn to a thread already. Martin Clunes has evolved from big eared dopey Gary in Men Behaving Badly... where he did nothing for me at all... to mature fortyish Doc Martin...and I get palpitations the moment he appears on screen. What a marvellous series this is, with the actors and stories on an equal par with the suberb scenery of Port Isaac in Cornwall. The current series on ITV comes to an end on Thursday next....when lets hope Doc does the right thing and snatches Louisa away from the archictect at long last. Cant wait for the DVD of series two to appear... more than likely a stocking filler for next Christmas at this stage.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Doc Martin
I can't beleive I love this so much, I love it so much I gave up my Thrusday night, night class to watch it. [well that is not technically true, I didn't like my night class it was about computers - which I don't really like].

But I hope, in a way that Doc Martin doesn't whisk Lousia off her feet and away from the godly architect, although I really do, I just thinks it adds to the story and if he does will that mean the end of the story??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

01-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Doc Martin
Flip Wrote:But I hope, in a way that Doc Martin doesn't whisk Lousia off her feet and away from the godly architect, although I really do, I just thinks it adds to the story and if he does will that mean the end of the story??

I know what you mean. This sort of scenario has been in several tv programmes, the most obvious one I can think of being the fabulous FRASIER... where Niles coveted Daphne for years. That was one of the key ingredients to that show and it never was quite the same for me once they married them off. Which is why.......if they do get Doc and Louisa together, it probably should be the end of the show...even though I hate saying that... because I could watch it morning, noon and night !!!!

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
02-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Doc Martin
I am another fan - I just love the idyllic pace of this although I honestly thought that the policeman was going to die from his snakebite would and was getting quite upset!

Portwenn looks a gorgeous little village, I bet it has had a real tourist boost since Doc Martin has been filmed.

Martin Cluness is just perfect for this role!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Doc Martin
I didnt see any of the first series of this at all, but yesterday there was a documentary on showing you some of the making of the second series and interviews with the cast and it looked really good. After reading this thread too im definately going to see if i can get the first series on dvd at the weekend :thumbsup:
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Doc Martin
I've not seen any of this before either, but saw a clip on a program introduced by Wossy.
Best tv clips of 2005, or summat like that.

The clip they showed was hilarious, may watch this.
03-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Doc Martin
I got the dvd series one for xmas as this programme is one of the best of tv. The doc certainly has got a lot grumpier in the 2nd series. Can`t wait for Thursday to see what happens.
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Doc Martin
I thought Doc Martin was a type of shoe...
08-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Doc Martin
JakeyBoy Wrote:I thought Doc Martin was a type of shoe...

It is my little firend, and I think Martin [his first name] is a sort of play on words.:laugh:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Doc Martin
Oh, right. Didn't his mother ever tell him not to play with his words!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Doc Martin Seabreeze 10 2,363 07-11-2007 06:47 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze