Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doc Martin
04-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Doc Martin

I was a little worried that this programme would starting going stale but the first 2 episodes have been excellent. The start of the first episode where the school teacher was reading a fairy story to the children and describing all the characters and it kept flicking to people in the village and the way the doc just told the woman who was trying to lose weight just to keep her mouth shut.

And in the 2nd episode it was good to see it was the Doc responsible for the sickness outbreak and not Bert. Can`t wait to see if he will ever get together with Louisa.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Doc Martin
I'm sure I could smell that fecal matter in the dishwasher!!!!

didn't watch last time round have watched one and a bit episodes this time round - and am thoroughly enjoying it! Martin Clunes is excellent! Loving the work of the receptionist too - she's so funny in the IT Crowd aswell.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Doc Martin
Agreed, Martin Clunes is just brilliant in this role. Loved the line from the chemist when she said that she could just put the Doc on a spoon and eat him!

Not too taxing on the brain, just great TV to unwind to and what a lovely wee place it is filmed in - would love to go there one day!

Bit off topic, but we were in Yorkshire in the summer (laugh!!!) and saw Heartbeat getting filmed!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Doc Martin
I also really love this show. Missed last season, but have been able to keep up this one. Brilliant stuff! Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
16-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Doc Martin
This has got to be the best series so far. Auntie Joan having sex on the kitchen table and the way he just handed her the dead dog.

Loads of lol moments every week
16-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Doc Martin
Seabreeze Wrote:This has got to be the best series so far. Auntie Joan having sex on the kitchen table and the way he just handed her the dead dog.

Loads of lol moments every week

It was hilarous last night, have to say I was a tad shocked at Auntie Joan and Martin's face was just a picture!

And it's Spooks tonight!

04-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Doc Martin
Hope everyone is set for the wedding tomorrow night. Sooo looking forward to this because you know it`s just all going to go wrong.

Last week where he said he had something for her and then he gave her the anti snoring strips was hilarious
06-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Doc Martin
Dont know if it was me but I thought the last episode last night was a bit too farcical. I wouldnt have minded if it had had a happy ending but thought it was a bit sad and not that believable that they would just each jilt each other. They should have got wed!
06-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Doc Martin
MariaRob Wrote:Dont know if it was me but I thought the last episode last night was a bit too farcical. I wouldnt have minded if it had had a happy ending but thought it was a bit sad and not that believable that they would just each jilt each other. They should have got wed!

Totally agree, Mariarob! I was really, really disappointed at last night's episode. The fact that her bridesmaid gave birth in a nano-second was just too unbelievable and the ambulance got there pretty quick too!!

The ending was crap and I just hope it doesn't mean another season of them running around trying to avoid each other. I was looking forward to a happy ending with the thought of some baby Doc Martins in the future, but am gutted that they decided to go down the soap drama route and have a wedding that was just, as you say farcical.

I just wonder if Caroline Catz is leaving the show and that's why the wedding never went ahead.

Thoroughly disappointed though!:ranting:

07-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Doc Martin
Yes I was hoping for the next series to show Louisa pregnant and all the fun with that.

It did make me laugh though when he said he wouldn`t make her happy and then she said and I won`t make you happy and he just agreed.

On the whole though I thought this was one of the funniest series and will look forward to the next in 2009

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Doc Martin borneobabe 11 2,268 10-01-2006 03:32 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy