Poll: Who was Doctor Who for you?
William Hartnell (November 23, 1963 - October 29, 1966)
Patrick Troughton (October 29, 1966 - June 21, 1969)
Jon Pertwee (January 3, 1970 - June 8, 1974)
Tom Baker (December 28, 1974 - March 21, 1981)
Peter Davison (March 21, 1981 - March 16, 1984)
Colin Baker (March 22, 1984 - December 6, 1986)
Sylvester McCoy (September 7, 1987 - December 6, 1989)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Who
22-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Doctor Who

So who was your Doctor Who? Mine was Tom Baker, probly because he was the one doing it at the time I watched it most

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Doctor Who
Yep, Tom Baker for me too, with his loooooooooong scarf and K9.

My hubby's was Jon Pertwee, but i remember him as Worzel Gummidge:laugh:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Doctor Who
your hubby? or Jon Pertwee?

Bollox to potplants
22-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Doctor Who
Well hubby does like a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake.

[Image: 429.gif]
22-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Doctor Who
Tom Baker for me too - I think he was the one I watched as a kid.

On the subject of Dr Who - the thing that scared me most was the giant maggots. Does anyone else remember them? No-one else I've spoken to can remember them and Mr M has me half-convinced that they were the suject of repeated childhood nightmares rather than real Dr Who baddies
22-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Doctor Who
Nope, Minks, you 're not going mad- that was the Green Death episode (so Google informs me)

Earth, South Wales. The suspicious death of a miner at the inactive local pit owned by the mysterious Global Chemicals brings UNIT to sleepy Llanfairfach. There, a local green group - the Wholeweal Community under the leadership of the brilliant Professor Jones - are not convinced of Global's innocence in the affair. Could the waste products from their revolutionary new oil refining process be at fault? Jones is convinced but the Doctor is not so sure and a dangerous expedition down the mine confirms his fears.

For there, thosands of giant maggots lie gestating - a dangerously unknown terror waiting to be unleashed upon the world. But by whom? Just who is the power behind Global Chemicals? Who or what is the Boss? And what are his/its plans for the Earth? The Doctor, Jo and the Brigadier must move quickly to find the answers, for the death toll is already rising and the gestation period of the maggots down the mine is coming to an end.

[Image: sleeve.jpg]

Bollox to potplants
22-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Doctor Who
floopy Wrote:Nope, Minks, you 're not going mad- that was the Green Death episode (so Google informs me)

Earth, South Wales. The suspicious death of a miner at the inactive local pit owned by the mysterious Global Chemicals brings UNIT to sleepy Llanfairfach. There, a local green group - the Wholeweal Community under the leadership of the brilliant Professor Jones - are not convinced of Global's innocence in the affair. Could the waste products from their revolutionary new oil refining process be at fault? Jones is convinced but the Doctor is not so sure and a dangerous expedition down the mine confirms his fears.

For there, thosands of giant maggots lie gestating - a dangerously unknown terror waiting to be unleashed upon the world. But by whom? Just who is the power behind Global Chemicals? Who or what is the Boss? And what are his/its plans for the Earth? The Doctor, Jo and the Brigadier must move quickly to find the answers, for the death toll is already rising and the gestation period of the maggots down the mine is coming to an end.

[Image: sleeve.jpg]

Wow! Thanks Floopy, I'm not going bonkers after all!! They seriously scared the life out of me. Especially since my Dad used to keep maggots in his shed for fishing - I was convinced they would mutate and come after us!
22-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Doctor Who
You can probably tell the age of a person by their Dr Who, mine was also Tom Baker.

All the rest were imposters...imposters I tell you!
22-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Doctor Who
John Pertwee for me [never saw worzel gummage]

ALRIGHT - SO I'M ANCIENT. SO EFFING WHAT.

bam bam
22-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Doctor Who
Tigereye Wrote:John Pertwee for me [never saw worzel gummage]

ALRIGHT - SO I'M ANCIENT. SO EFFING WHAT.

me too TE, me too! :laugh:

Not that I was ever a great fan of Dr Who, but I do remember it being on early on a Sat evening. In them days there wasn't a lot else to watch on tv and I pretty sure I also watched it in B&W as we didn't get a colour tv until I was about 12.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Doctor Who announced Haydon_acc2 9 4,321 13-01-2009 05:57 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Doctor Who Haydon_acc2 17 4,234 12-05-2008 11:23 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Ann Maurice - the House Doctor MariaRob 1 993 01-09-2006 11:09 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Doctor Who Does Big Brother............ Patsy 4 1,697 28-05-2005 01:25 PM
Last Post: mezzio