Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentary: Taxidermy
21-08-2005, 05:31 PM

Monday. Beeb 2

Apparently there is a "World Taxidermy Championship" ~ only in the States eh!

But ah no, there are all nationalities taking part in this gruesome spectacle. Pete & Jack from Wigan (who have won many awards from the UK Guild of Taxidermists !!??!!) are hoping for a medal.

A blurb in one of the tv suppliments states the case of an 11 year old girl, who quote "my nickname is killer because I like to hunt animals" .... as she prepares the deer she is taking to the 'show' ... "cool, it's gushing blood" she says, sitting on the deer's body. " I can see its lungs. It's actually pretty funny" ...... her father is upbeat and says "I'm proud of you"

I'm all for being a tomboy but holy sh!t. The F.B.I probably have her on their 'to watch list' - if they aint they sure as hell should !

That's entertainment.

Woo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Ugghh - that programme just sounds way to gruesome for me. Truly ghastly. :sick:

Agree about the 11 year old girl too - she sounds like she needs professional help.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I have to sy the odd stuffed fox or owl or badger knocking about the shop is OK, if they are done with reality and grace.

But pets??? Urgh No thanks - I can't think of anything worse than a beloved pet - stuffed and mounted on the fireplace or above it??

This programme sounds a bit odd for my liking. I did once ring a taxidermist to see if he would stuff a dead badger I found, but he explained the one I found was manky and not suitable - and then I forgot the whole idea for the rest of my life.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

21-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I will be giving this programme a wide berth, it is not my cup of tea at all :sick:
22-08-2005, 02:38 AM
woowoo-i've a good friend who's a taxidermist. i don't go into his 'shop' when i visit as it stinks and the animals creep me out. but he makes a very good living from it,,,i guess people pay good money to have dead animals around, i hate when i go into his freezer and there is a snake or something waiting to be stuffed. msgirl :sick:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Apparently, programme is actually quite funny according to The Metro. If you read the TV page in todays edition this programme is listed as "Today's Highlight".

I have to say that I usually agree with their recommendations. I still think it sounds way gruesome though.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
22-08-2005, 09:50 AM
My father in law once said he was going to have my mother in law stuffed when she died. He liked the idea of her sitting in her chair giving him one of her 'looks' forever - as he would miss it.

Luckily i think he was only joking :unsure:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
22-08-2005, 01:16 PM
This is actually a mini phobia I have never shared on this site....stuffed animals....they freak me out...I had hoped this confession would never have to pass through my fingures since it isn't a topic of conversation that pops up very often unlike the clowns, dolls and strawberries thing but there you go...Coastie is a wuss! :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Very strange people.......

But if that is your thang, and you need to find the ideal pressie for dear old Mum in law, you could try here... Smile
http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/intro/intro.html

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
23-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I remember when I was about 12 there was a girl in my year, Kathy, who was well into taxi dermy ... she used to stuff all sorts of little creatures (they were all already dead I hasten to add!).

She also wrote some quite beautiful poetry which was published (I always remember that).

She was a loner and didn't have many friends and if you did try to be friendly she was so used to people taking the pi$$ that she never quite trusted your motives.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...