Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodi and Di .. is it time Al Fayed let go?
25-08-2005, 12:47 PM

I see that Al Fayed has commissioned and erected a bronze statue of Di and Dodi in Harrods! :sick: they seem to be gazing into each others eyes and holding a dove. It is a monstrosity.

Don't you think it's time he stopped banging on about Dodi and Di in this ostentatious and nauseating way?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2005, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2005 01:02 PM by Fee For All.)
I think it's all about him now!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2005, 12:56 PM
It is terrible thing to have lost your son (don't anyone ever think that I belittle him for his own personal grief), but I just find all the ostentatious public grieving 8 years on hard to stomach!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
25-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Exactly! But I think he has got muddled between love and self promotion. He is a very self-seeking individual.

But again, he has the money to do these things, so maybe it is all relative?

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
25-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I agree Dol, yes Diana was an icon to some but this public display for his son who really let's face it meant nothing to the GBP. That does sound a bit harsh but it was Diana the public were interested in not Dodi.

Also I wonder if he got permission from The Royal Family to erect this, I bet he didn't. He should have though out of respect for William & Harry if nothing else.

Fee is right, is more about Al Fayed than Dodi & Diana.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
25-08-2005, 01:12 PM
To be honest Bella I think it's time to stop seeing Diana as such a paragon of virtue aswell. They were both flawed people (let's face it we all are!!) to keep ressurrecting then as "special" is quite sickening.

Talking of ressurecting ... I read a brief column in a paper today that there was speculation about exhuming Diana's body to see if she was pregnant? ... and this helps society how?!

25-08-2005, 01:12 PM
It might have been different had they actually been married, but it was a relatively new relationship.

I wonder where his loyalties would have lain when it all inevitably came unravelled ?

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
25-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Dolores Wrote:To be honest Bella I think it's time to stop seeing Diana as such a paragon of virtue aswell. They were both flawed people (let's face it we all are!!) to keep ressurrecting then as "special" is quite sickening.

Talking of ressurecting ... I read a brief column in a paper today that there was speculation about exhuming Diana's body to see if she was pregnant? ... and this helps society how?!

Actually Dol, I do agree with you I was never a huge fan of Diana's, there was a lot more to her than met the eye. And if I am honest I don't understand people still feeling the need to grieve for Diana. I was disgusted by those people who felt it was their right to stage a protest on the day Charles & Camilla were married. They seriously need to get a life!

Why can't they just leave the woman to rest in peace? I cannot see Earl Spencer agreeing the exhumation though and what purpose would it serve - yes she was pregnant or no, she wasn't! It's not going to change anything is it?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
25-08-2005, 01:39 PM
How on earth would they be able to tell if she was pregnant anyway? Wouldn't her body be too decomposed to tell?

Even if they were allowed to dig her body up and were able to tell, do you really, really think they would tell us? No way hose! I have just recently read a book about conspiracy theories and I'm sure we are being a lot more duped about things than we actually realise.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
25-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Dolores Wrote:It is terrible thing to have lost your son (don't anyone ever think that I belittle him for his own personal grief), but I just find all the ostentatious public grieving 8 years on hard to stomach!

I agree and to include Diana who wasn't even part of his family is awful.

As Fee said this is all about him now ....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Time to release Ronnie Biggs or not? Seabreeze 12 2,016 26-08-2007 12:05 AM
Last Post: Normal1
  Do you have to get drunk to have a good time? Dolores 68 6,878 08-06-2007 07:40 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Time Fees for the care of the elderly were sorted out. Northern angel 15 1,778 20-07-2006 12:05 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  A Standing Testament To Nature And Time. Northern angel 21 2,525 12-02-2006 08:20 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  I'm too busy/havent got time/ sooo tired IsLe Of WeAtHeR 46 3,965 22-09-2005 06:45 PM
Last Post: bridge
  Plan to cut term-time holidays Eternity 10 1,395 18-09-2005 04:21 PM
Last Post: bridge
  What time is it on the moon? floopy 55 3,572 31-05-2005 01:29 PM
Last Post: Becks
  Time Travel Cockney 53 4,048 23-03-2005 04:17 PM
Last Post: Cockney