Poll: Do we need a saviour
Yes
No
Dolores, you are so mean
Dolores, I didn't know you cared enough about me to start a poll just for me
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this site need a "self proclaimed saviour"?
22-11-2008, 08:13 AM

well whaddya think?

give your reasons please.

My reasons, ahem, are as follows:

Saviours start off quite amusing and witty and even thought provoking.

Then they settle in and before you know where they are they become boring cos they only bang on about one theme - how they can save something - there's really not a lot else a saviour can do.

Finally they end up just being annoying making a mockery of everyone and anyone who dares posts anything that seems to ignore the fact they are "a saviour". So in the end instead of saving they are sabotaging.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2008, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2008 09:39 AM by The Curmudgeon.)
Should I actually be voting on this? And wouldn't it be weird if everyone voted for the fourth option?

Dolores, I'm confused by this poll - tell me, what exactly have I sabotaged? Besides leaving negative comments on the I'm a Celebrity thread (and, oh yeah, the Kitchen or Hotel or Cafe or Restaraunt or whatever that rubbish was called) - where else have I tried to ruin anything?

And I only "bang on" about saving this place because idiots "bang on" about me being a troll. Have these people ever actually SEEN internet trolls? They're the most boring, monosyllabic losers on the planet - thinking throwing racist, homophobic remarks at random targets somehow makes them "bad." Call me what you like, but The Curmudgeon is NOT a troll.

Dolores, I'm not here to be liked. I'm not here to lol at nothing and make emoticons in every single discussion, nor am I here to indulge in witless "innuendo" like seemingly everyone else here. Not my style. But that doesn't mean I'm out to ruin the place. Really, why would I bother? You were all doing a perfectly good job of that without me.

So, yes, I find this poll rather... odd. What are you trying to say, exactly? That you think I AM saving this place but you wish I'd stop going on about it? Or that I'm merely here to cause trouble and upset people?

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
22-11-2008, 11:51 AM
The Curmudgeon Wrote:They're the most boring, monosyllabic losers on the planet - Call me what you like, but The Curmudgeon is NOT a troll.

Well on that basis matey, yes you are a troll.

Quote:I'm not here to lol at nothing and make emoticons in every single discussion, nor am I here to indulge in witless "innuendo" like seemingly everyone else here. Not my style.
Then go find a site that fits. Most of us here have proper jobs, grown-up lives and use this place as a diversion, not as a platform for self-agrandissement.

Quote:Or that I'm merely here to cause trouble and upset people?
No, you're here because you're a - what was it again? - 'boring monosyllabic loser' who can't get fulfilment in real life and thought you might find some here. It's a pity you didn't take time to find out a bit more about the members here instead of jumping to conclusions and exposing yourself as the sad little prat you are.

Oh, and also because your own little forum isn't the success you thought it would be.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Blurgh - you know, when I wrote the "boring monosyllabic" bit, I paused and thought, "surely someone won't be THAT predictable and say "ROFL - and that's what YOU are.." Yes, I actually gave people in here credit. Looks like I was wrong about that. Man, what a ZINGER, Fee For All. Wow, I've been burrrrrrrned. Phew, how could I ever hope to come back from that?

And are you going for Cliché of the Year award or what, Fee? Oh, he comes in here and posts on a discussion board so he MUST be single/jobless/directionless/lonely/fat/virginal/ugly/fill in the blanks used by EVERYONE - EVER, when they try to mock The Curmudgeon. It never works. You say I make sweeping statements about people in here without getting to know them, what have you just done you hypocrite?

And as for MY site - it's doing just fine, thank you. OK, it still doesn't have the traffic this place does, but then again it's not filled with people raving about I'm A Celebrity, or creaming themselves because they met some stain from the Apprentice. My site is for the Saviours of the Internet, so obviously its not going to be overflowing with people. We don't attract any old lol-monger, and I would very much like to keep it that way. As it is, there is a daily flow of new texts and threads from a core base of funny, passionate and clued-up people. EXACTLY what I wanted.

And if I were to go find a "site that fits" (and believe it or not, I post on three discussion forums in total - this is a bit of a charity case for me, if you want to know the truth), then this place would become a graveyard again, with a new post every two weeks, and you would all rot in your own banality. Is that what you want?

22-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Oh dear. Have I upset you?

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe the question should be 'does a self-proclaimed saviour need this site' to which my answer would be 'yes'.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
22-11-2008, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2008 01:55 PM by The Curmudgeon.)
Fee - I'm sorry, have you been bodysnatched by a 13 year old Youtube user?

The age-old "I'm getting to you, I've UPSET and ANNOYED you" line is the last refuge of the beaten, when they can't think of anything to say in response to an intelligent and bulletproof statement. Not. Good. Enough.

You know, maybe I've misjudged you in the past. Time was when I thought you were a worthy foe; now you resort to ancient, desperate tactics that would make the most ham-fisted novice blush and pointing out errors in grammar. And that's it.

Oh dear. Maybe you should just go talk about X Factor or something, hmmm?

22-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I think you'll find that's 'grammar'.

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Tchoh - case closed.

And, ahem, don't know WHAT you mean.

23-11-2008, 08:27 AM
The Curmudgeon Wrote:Call me what you like, but The Curmudgeon is NOT a troll.

Hey, zit-face, 4 posts on this site in 24 hours. 3 of 'em are yours.

This place used to be buzzing. Now it's got one sorry sack of ****e of a troll and the sound of tumbleweed blowing across it.

Is it lonely reading your own self-aggrandising posts?

Surely you'd be better off exercising your right hand on a site a little more suited to your special needs?

When the Pest Control around here is tightened up, it might just be a decent site again.

It certainly had plenty of kind, funny, friendly articulate and decent members.

Present company excepted of course.

No offence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your saviour is HERE! Proclamation 11 1,908 11-09-2008 12:28 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  A little web site trick... Haydon_acc2 13 1,950 15-03-2008 04:05 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Living in a bomb site! Bella 9 1,041 29-06-2006 09:18 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Join my site please! JakeyBoy 8 988 01-09-2005 12:48 PM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  You know you spend too much time on this site when... Dolores 43 2,337 21-08-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: mazwad