www.chatdaily.co.uk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Dog Lovers?
Joy Wrote:Hi

Are there any dog lovers on here?

Joy Smile

I ADORE dogs. I'd love to have one myself but because both me and Mr H work full-time it just wouldn't be fair. Poor thing would be on its own all day, and it wouldn't get walked until after one of us came home.

Maybe at some point in the future we'll get one if our circs. change, but for now, dog ownership just wouldn't suit our lifestyle.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Dog Lovers?
Joy I adore my dogs - I have three, two labs and one lakeland/jack russell terrier [named Wooster, Bismarck and Fanny] - I want another soon!

I take the various combinations on various walks - depending on stamina and durability, you see Wooster [Choc lab] is actually a Walrus shaped Rug and doesn't like walks, and if he is ever persuaded to walk he HAS to carry his own lead. He never leaves my side ever.

Bismark is my gun dog and I take him shooting and he is just fabulous, but scared of men - hoorah!!

And Fanny is my husbands car dog - she is just that, a Fanny. She is moody, hormonal and hilariously huffy!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

21-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Dog Lovers?
I like dogs too Joy. But like karen I don't think it wuold be fair to have one as I'm out all day. I did tell my son that when he was 12 we'd get a dog and I was quite looking forward to it ... but after I kept telling him how much work they are he's changed his mind, which I'm quite relieved about, as I know a lot of the walking etc would have been left to me in the end, and I don't like walking very much, not that I'm lazy I hasten to add ... it's just not something I would ever do for pleasure!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
21-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Dog Lovers?
I'm afraid I prefer cats - much easier to look after - especially when no one is at home all day!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
21-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Dog Lovers?
I'm scared of cats since one attacked me..LOL

I have a 5-year-old German Shepherd and she's gorgeous. She loves everybody and is well behaved [Image: icon10.gif]

[Image: lucy.jpg]

[Image: chatdaily_sig.gif]

www.chatdaily.co.uk
21-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Dog Lovers?
I'm not a great dog lover and wouldn't want one myself but I do prefer them to cats.

Your dog looks gorgeous Joy, my uncle always used to have German Sheppard dogs and they were always lovely natured. What is her name?
21-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Dog Lovers?
I love dogs but do not have one for the same reason as others on here it's not fair to leave them all day while we are out at work. I sometimes look after my son's dog who like yours is a German Sheppard about the same age too.

Her name is Maddie and here she is with my grandson. We are looking after her today and as long as she has her ball she is happy. She is very gentle with children and a pleasure to look after.

[Image: bjsm.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Dog Lovers?
My family have a couple dogs.....and one happens to be sitting in my lap right now...glad that I am home from work to give her some attention.

Penny...which I got for my 10th birthday...is a cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix.

Jewel...which is my sister's dog...is a terrier/husky mix.

I can't imagine living in a house without dogs....i definitely plan to have one or two when I get my own place..
21-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Dog Lovers?
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Your dog looks gorgeous Joy, my uncle always used to have German Sheppard dogs and they were always lovely natured. What is her name?

Her name is Lucy Smile

She is like Maddie, as long as she has her ball she's very happy. She currently has six (burst) footballs up the garden and she just loves to play with them. Her favourite is a rubber gong on a rope that she likes to take to the park..LOL I'm at home all day and wherever I go Lucy comes too.

[Image: chatdaily_sig.gif]

www.chatdaily.co.uk