Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing more than one quote in a message
03-06-2005, 11:11 PM

Some people have said they have trouble with this so here is the explanation of how to do it for future reference.

First of all do the usual quote for the first one

then underneath scroll down to the second thing you want to quote and copy and paste it into your message.

Highlight it and click on that icon on the end that looks like a page with writing on - if you slide your cursor over it, it says "wrap Quote tags round selected text"

That just puts quote round it - so add in the name after the first [ quote] but inside the end square bracket i.e. [ quote=Patsy] (don't leave a gap after the [ - I just did that so it wouldn't format this message)

I used to do it by just typing the [ quote] and [/quote ] at the beginning and end (following the same format as the custom one, til ils told me about the Quote Icon.
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
I've always done it manually too Crit, so thanks for posting this, will try it out Big Grin

Gel x
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Gelastic Wrote:I've always done it manually too Crit, so thanks for posting this, will try it out Big Grin
Crit Wrote:then underneath scroll down to the second thing you want to quote and copy and paste it into your message.

Highlight it and click on that icon on the end that looks like a page with writing on - if you slide your cursor over it, it says "wrap Quote tags round selected text"

just to see if I can
05-06-2005, 04:54 PM
and I can!!!!
05-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Critique Wrote:First of all do the usual quote for the first one

okay done that...

Gelastic Wrote:I've always done it manually too Crit, so thanks for posting this, will try it out

I just get to confused!

Buzz Wrote:just to see if I can

me to...now did it work?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2005, 07:39 PM
YAY! :smartie:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Critique Wrote:Some people have said they have trouble with this so here is the explanation of how to do it for future reference.

First of all do the usual quote for the first one

then underneath scroll down to the second thing you want to quote and copy and paste it into your message.

That just puts quote round it - so add in the name after the first [ quote] but inside the end square bracket i.e. [ quote=Patsy] (don't leave a gap after the [ - I just did that so it wouldn't format this message)

I used to do it by just typing the [ quote] and [/quote ] at the beginning and end (following the same format as the custom one, til ils told me about the Quote Icon.

Coastie Wrote:YAY!

Hope this works. Just checked it and it does,thanks Crit :smartie:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Micro billing system message - HELP! Dolores 6 807 22-03-2007 06:42 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  Private message receipts! ils 14 1,273 19-02-2005 04:57 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Message for Tigger Voice of reason 3 433 08-11-2004 01:46 PM
Last Post: tigger