Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download sites
01-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Download sites

Now that I've got my mp3 player, and Buzz has too, and I know quite a few of you have them, which is your favourite download site?

Do you download alot of music or do you put your cd's onto your computer and just transfer those onto you mp3.

At the moment I've got my cd music on the comp and downloaded from there my favourite tracks.
I bought and downloaded the other day a couple of tracks from Napster but can't transfer them to my mp3 for some reason. I think it might be something to do with the DRM (digital rights management, see I am learning something)

So what is your favourite download site?

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Download sites
I'm still ploughing through my cds Andrea. I have hundreds (and one day I might even sort them out.)so it's taking me quite a while :cool2:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Download sites
I started by uploading all my fave tracks from CD's and then bought tracks from itunes music store as and when I wanted them in the UK. So I was gutted to find that there is no itunes store in Australia or NZ as yet (and no one can say when there will be either) :glare: It is currently illegal to download music from the net in NZ unless it has been uploaded by the artist themselves, so there's loads of tracks from 'my-mate-Dave's-band' etc but nothing I actually want! And I can't use the UK version of itunes either because you are only permitted to buy music from the itunes in your country of residence :sad:

I have never used any other sites so would also be grateful for help with this.

What's the link for Napster anyway and would I be able to use it from NZ?
02-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Download sites
Here you go Voice...

Napster

Although never thought about you not being able to use these sites being over there.
Not sure if Napster will do either as it's a .co.uk address, but have a ganders round you never know what you might find.

[Image: 429.gif]
03-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Download sites
Thanks Andrea, it seems that Apple have made it very difficult for ipod users to buy their tracks from anywhere except itunes (which I bloody well would do if they had one over here! :glare: ) and most sites are not compatible with ipod.

Looks as if I am back to buying singles and uploading them untill Apple gets it's A in to G in Oz and NZ :sad:
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Download sites
I used to use imesh but now i think it's pants.
I would be intrested to know of any other places where i can download tunes for free. being a poor student i cannae afford to buy anything. I don't care if it's illegal.....
So, anyone have any info?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]