Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr Who
26-12-2005, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2005 10:22 AM by Pandora.)
Dr Who

I loved the Christmas day episode of Dr Who, it was the best thing on the TV !

David Tennant was superb, and much as I loved Chris Ecclestone in the role, I think the new guy can pull it off. Some great acting, a fantastic look into the "wardrobe section" of the Tardis, Billy Piper's acting just gets better and better.......

Penelope Wilton was superb as "Harriet Jones, PM" and wow, what a shock ending, as Harriet pushed the button, so to speak...:shocking:

Yep, I think the new doctor has grown on me. He is playing the role in a similar vein to Chris E - joking one minute, tough and spitting out one-liners the next. D.T. has such a nice smile too !!! Now if he would put on a stone in weight, he'd be perfect.....

Terrific episode and I cant wait for the new series in the Spring.

All they need to do to make it absolutely perfect, is get rid of Rose's mother and Mickey, they are both appalling actors.:glare:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Dr Who
It was the only thing worth watching on Christmas Day!

An excellent script with some excellent lines in it

"Harriet Jones - Prime Minister" - We know!!

Is my hair ginger??

Hope that they can keep up this standard - can't wait till the new series!

Oh - and I loved the way they brought in Torchwood! - Anybody know when it starts?

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
27-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Dr Who
Oooh I'm sorry, but I'm not liking David Tennant. He looks creepy IMO, and I'm really missing Christopher E. But the script was brilliant though. Shows it's not necessarily the actors that make the show.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
27-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Dr Who
tigger767 Wrote:Oooh I'm sorry, but I'm not liking David Tennant. He looks creepy IMO, and I'm really missing Christopher E. But the script was brilliant though. Shows it's not necessarily the actors that make the show.

This was the highlight of my Christmas viewing but I totally agree with Tiggs, Tennant is way to creepy! Bring back Christopher E!
27-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Dr Who
Rob Wrote:Oh - and I loved the way they brought in Torchwood! - Anybody know when it starts?

The beeb say, "in the spring"...... so we will have to wait and see.

There is a rumour that a spin off series starring Captain Jack, entitled Torchwood may be shown soon too.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
27-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Dr Who
I agree totally. Best telly all Christmas (except Bedknobs and Broomsticks, which is on at the moment). I don't see David Tennant as creepy. I think he is a little cutie. But it doesn't look like he will strike sparks with Billy Piper quite the way Chris Ecclestone did.
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Dr Who
David Tenant was superb, what a fantastic actor, far better than Chris Eccleston [who was IMO just a bit supercillious]. DT brings an element of jovial mischeviouness to the proceedings - a pleasure to watch and a joy to listen to.

Dr Who made Christmas Day T.V. - it would have been a bit flat had it not been screened. It just spans the generation gap like a gossamer thread, my youngest is obsessed and I have to say I am not that far behind him.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

27-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Dr Who
I didn't watch it on Christmas Day as we had a busy schedule but watched it today and loved it and Tigger, you should be shot at dawn for saying David Tennant is creepy :laugh: ............he is lovely and is just perfect to be playing Dr Who. Have to say I love Christopher Eccleston as an actor but didn't really like him as Dr Who, thought he was a bit over the top - looking forward to seeing more of DT! :wub:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
27-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Dr Who
I have come to the conclusion that the majority of you above need your head and eyes examined. You are delusional.:laugh:

David Tennant has nothing on CE, and does not pull the role off as CE did. He does it in a different way, but IMO is not as entertaining.

And as for the looks factor........ well:sick:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
27-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Dr Who
As far as I am concerned Christopher Eccleston did an excellent job as Dr Who - on the evidence of "The Christmas Invasion" David Tennant looks like he will also be good - but different. This is the beauty of Dr Who - every actor plays the same character - but does it in a different way!

Everybody has their own favourite Doctor - Tom Baker happens to be mine - but the show goes on - and is still watchable.

Oh - and as far as I'm concerned - "the looks factor" does not enter into it Big Grin

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?