Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragons Den
10-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Dragons Den

There is a chappie on here now who wants to start a company called car doctor,he would like £150,000, he wants to give advice to people over the phone on how to fix their cars. He has just told them he would recommend that the caller takes his car to a garage!!

I can't see this bloke getting a single penny.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Dragons Den
Thanks for that Buzz someone told me to watch this programme and I forgot all about it, I only missed the first 10 mins.

I felt sorry for the old boy with the exercise chair as the concept of it is really good and I think they could have encouraged him a bit more.

I must remember to catch it next week as I enjoyed it and there is not much on that you can say that about at the moment.
10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Dragons Den
I thought the exercise was a load of cobblers :w00t: , but it might find a home in the Innovations catalogue.

I thought the truck wash thing was really good though, but they do seem to just take people's words for their projected sales figures. I'd have watned to see a whole lot more before I put my money forward (if I had any, that is).

Maybe they do see all that stuff but they just don't show it.

The picnic bag woman needed a good shake - what an ineffectual limp lettuce she was.

P.S. I quite fancy the one who got his legs shaved, whatever his name is....

Bollox to potplants
17-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Dragons Den
Yet another great episode tonight.

The woman with the see through wellies was just brilliant, the comment to Theo P about 'the nanny' struggling with 5 pairs of wellies!! She just kept putting her feet straight in her mouth.

And as for the bloke with the towel/bag thing, who did he think he was talking to??:w00t:
17-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Dragons Den
Dragon's Den is fabulous!

I did actually like the idea of the interchangeable wellies. But it was definately something of a novelty value, I wouldn't pay a fiver for them, let alone 20 quid!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Dragons Den
I really liked the wellies and had a peek on Ebay, there are some selling on there -- for £17.99 odd inc postage -- didn't like them so much then :shocking:

I'd pay around £7.50 tops.

Is it just me or do half the people that go on DD and are selling things like that, and the beach towel and the picnic blanket/bag (from last week) charge way too much. Perhaps it is just me and I'm tight but there's no way I'd pay £25 odd for a towel with pockets in or £40 (I think it was) for a blanket that magically becomes a bag...seems crazy to me but then maybe thats because of my deep routed affection for the 99p shop. Would you pay those prices?
18-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Dragons Den
I liked the look of the wellies but certainly wouldn`t pay that price for them. I think she possible could have sold the idea to them but was hopeless at presenting her product to them
07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Dragons Den
I absolutely love Dragon's Den. I also love the X-factor...

Therefore I almost wet meyself when I saw this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2s3GIzdseE

:good:
08-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Dragons Den
very good Wayneh! :good:

I think they should change the Dragon's Den team and X-factor teams around more often!

I love this programme. Last night's was particularly good, imo. The Lesbian Builders Training Programme (OK i added the word lesbian!) and that nervous aggressive bundle of fun that was doing the pitch was hilarious. SHe should apply for the next series of The Apprentice, her sarcastic/wont take advice facial ticks could give Ms Badger a run for a her money! :w00t:

... and isn't that Scottish bloke Duncan Ballantyne a bit of alright (or is that just me who thinks that?!) :unsure:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
13-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Dragons Den
ive been watching this too! shame its almost finished!! what do they all do? well i know what duncan bannatynes does coz i used to be a member of one of his gyms!! cost me bloody fortune, no wonder he's a millionaire.

the show reminds me of uni, i once had to devise a credible business plan and product with my team and then sell it to a panel of judges whilst giving a talk in front of the whole year. shakiest legs ive ever had!! luckily our judges werent so harsh!!

but the show makes me wonder, do they sometimes let good ones slip outta the bag. i just remember a talk at uni given by bobby hashemi of coffee republic, and he said he was rejected by investors hundreds of times but that never stopped him and now he's stinking rich. makes u wonder.

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]