Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dramatic jungle arrival
21-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Dramatic jungle arrival

The celebs have now arrived in the jungle. Half by horseback and the other half by sky diving! :ohmy:

"The first group containing Fran Cosgrove, Joe Pasquale, Nancy Sorrell and Paul Burrell, were shocked when told they would be parachuting into the wilderness.

The remaining five: Janet Street-Porter, Natalie Appleton, Antonio Fargas, Sophie Anderton and Sheila Ferguson, were let off lightly with a four-hour horseback journey.

The skydiving start was almost too much for Burrell who screamed "No, no, no" as he jumped before a sudden gust of wind swept the former butler and his tandem master a mile off course."

Bad weather with pouring rain made the ski dive even more terrifying.

News coverage: Tom Hanks Warning to Butler
Celebrities take a dive in jungle
UK Celebs Dive into Oz Jungle
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Dramatic jungle arrival
Quite frankly I'd be scared too! Probably would have an accident!

Incidentally did they do "Rock, Paper, Scissor" to decide who went via parachutes? cos it's obvious that Burrell (who I am still strangely fascinated by!!) would choose Rock!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
21-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Dramatic jungle arrival
Yeh, I was reading about this in the paper this morning.
Apparently they were all asked previously if they had the opportunity would they do a parachute jump, and the ones that said yes, got to do one:laugh:

But from that first article sounds like there's a bit of bitching going on already.
I think its going to be a really good show.

But I can't get to the second a third article, dunno why?
21-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Dramatic jungle arrival
That answers my question in another thread Andrea. I had wondered how that decision was taken.

However, it doesn't explain why Janet St Porter complained that she hadn't signed anything about getting on a horse. I wonder if they all expected to know exactly what they would be facing, or maybe there's a no surprises clause in their contracts!
21-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Dramatic jungle arrival
Nah, I don't think there's a no surprises clause in their contracts, because thats what they are saying about this series, expect surprises.

I just think she was moaning because she just didn't like the idea and thought she could get away with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe is King of the Jungle Haydon_acc2 9 870 03-11-2011 08:26 AM
Last Post: cheapugg
  Another Celebrity enters jungle camp - Spoiler Haydon_acc2 2 1,322 12-10-2011 01:08 AM
Last Post: doorman330
  Huggy Leaves The Jungle Haydon_acc2 1 596 02-12-2004 11:11 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Nancy Fave For Jungle Axe Haydon_acc2 7 887 30-11-2004 11:20 PM
Last Post: smilersmurf
  Jungle quitter to propose to girlfriend Haydon_acc2 2 505 28-11-2004 11:11 AM
Last Post: Ceridwen
  Jungle Joe Even Hotter Favourite Haydon_acc2 2 518 26-11-2004 07:44 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Babes battle to become queen of the jungle Haydon_acc2 5 627 18-11-2004 12:17 AM
Last Post: ils