Poll: How many times did it take you to past your test????
Have'nt tried - the roads safer without me
Just have'nt got around to it
Am Swot and pasted first time
Twice, I did'nt want want to show off so I failed the first one on purpose.
Third time lucky
Fourth (it was the driving instuctors fault....)
I lost count after the fourth
I'm going to die trying
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving tests!!!!
22-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Driving tests!!!!

I have just found out that I have my driving theory test on Tuesday :ohmy:
So I was wandering while I am busy revising firstly how many times did it take everyone else to pass their driving test and secondly if they have any amusing stories on the subject to keep me smiling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Driving tests!!!!
altho my test may have been a bit different than yours...i failed the written part the first time...but luckily they only had me retake the parts of the test that i got wrong..and three were true or false questions...so i just had to switch those and then i was passed the level i needed to be at to pass.

In the driving part though, the one thing i could not do was parallel park. Our instructor told us he had a fool-proof way to teach us how to parallel park...well, I happened to be the first one to show that his method was not fool-proof...as i royally screwed it up and am still completely unable to parallel park. lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Driving tests!!!!
I passed first time, but I honestly thought I had failed. The examiner told me to move forward at some traffic lights where I was turning right at a narrow road so the cars behind me could pass....I was always told that if the examiner had to speak to you about your driving you had failed. This was quite early on in the test so basically I "switched off" for the rest of it, thinking I had buggered it up already. Instead I was shocked to be told I had passed with no faults! :ohmy:
22-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Driving tests!!!!
I passed mine the second time - long before they had written tests!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
22-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Driving tests!!!!
It took me 4 attempts to pass my driving test Blush

During my first test my examiner was being "examined" and there was a 3rd person in the backseat observing him! It made me even more nervous, and when it came to the emergency stop I braked so hard that the guy in the back banged his head off the headrest and snapped his glasses. They failed me, the b'stards.

The 2nd test was the day after my 18th birthday. I felt like sh!te and drove even worse. I almost knocked down an old lady and the examiner had to brake for me, so I was never going to pass after that.

I deffo should have passed the 3rd time though. I was robbed!

4th time, I passed after well ove 100 driving lessons!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
22-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Driving tests!!!!
Becks Wrote:I have just found out that I have my driving theory test on Tuesday :ohmy:
So I was wandering while I am busy revising firstly how many times did it take everyone else to pass their driving test and secondly if they have any amusing stories on the subject to keep me smiling.

Hi Becks, i hated the theory test, took me 3 times before i passed!!!! :ranting: but to my amazement i passed my driving test 1st time, my mothers friend ( this is a true story) was so nervous on the day of her driving test that she drove off without the examiner !!!!!!! Haaaaaa.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
22-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Driving tests!!!!
I passed on my 5th attempt
22-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Driving tests!!!!
First time for me, an eon before the theory test came in.
22-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Driving tests!!!!
I passed on my 2nd attempt although I swear I drove better on my 1st try. So I was convinced I had failed the 2nd time! Like the other oldies here, there wasn't a separate theory test in those days :laugh:
22-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Driving tests!!!!
I learnt to drive in Germany (we were posted over there) and the Germans always had a theory test, you had to know about priority roads and giving priority to the right etc etc and some basic German signage.

I failed my first test cos i cut across three lanes without looking, I thought the examiner was going to have a heart attack! ... I know I nearly did!

The second time I drove to the test (with my dad!) and for some unknown reason starting driving on the UK side of the road ... which was strange cos I'd NEVER driven in the UK! Anyway it seems I'd made my stupid mistake on the way to the test cos this time I passed with flying colours. I think a lot of people have a lesson just before their test these days and I thnk that's a good idea to get rid of the nerves.

My dad failed the first time cos the cocky so and so drove himself to the test without a passenger .... talk about confident and law breaking! what a guy! He had to walk home and get someone to pick the car up for him ... serves him right! :laugh:

forgot to add the first time I ever drove on my own after my test I killed a rabbit!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Driving theory test. Seabreeze 10 1,728 21-09-2007 05:51 PM
Last Post: Rob
  What's your song? Tickle tests... Northern angel 17 1,238 27-04-2006 01:03 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Driving Theory Test Mars 16 1,459 04-03-2005 10:09 PM
Last Post: Fee For All