Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping by unannounced
21-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Dropping by unannounced

For some reason I hate it when people drop by at our house unannounced. It always seems to be at an inconvenient moment, and there's usually some kind of embarrassing mess lying around I feel I should kick under the sofa, such as a pair of old underpants.

On the other hand Mrs SF has no problem with it.

How about you . Do you like it or loathe it?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Dropping by unannounced
Easy come easy go with me SF! Pop by anytime ya like and take me as I am that's my philosophy! :bye:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Dropping by unannounced
One half of me doesn't particularly like it either SF, as there is always something going on in our house and because I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I hate it if something is out of place.

But............... I really am trying to change this and be more accommodating, because the other half of me loves to have visitors and I would hate them to think that they were not welcome, because really they are.

And I guess really it depends on who they are. If it's friends I definitely have no problem with it.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
21-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Dropping by unannounced
I'm with you SF, I prefer to know in advance. Not that I have pairs of old underpants lying about the place. I just don't like being taken by surprise. I need to psyche myself up to situations.
21-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Dropping by unannounced
With me its a case of take me as you find me, which is usually in a mess:w00t:

But I don't mind at all about people dropping in unannounced.
Not that many people do, I don't have many friends:sad: :wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
21-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Dropping by unannounced
I'm another take me as you find me!
21-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Dropping by unannounced
I was thinking about this earlier when i saw Mink's thread called 'dropping in' or something like that.

I really hate people calling on me unanounced. If im expecting visitors i tend to go to town. I buy cakes / crisps etc to nibble on. I clean and make sure the house looks its best.

If people drop by without me knowing in advance there is always something yukky in my house, like cat puke on the carpet - or the little tray stinks, or i have a sink full of washing up which i cant be arsed to do.

The guys down the pub are always teasing me saying they will drop by without warning to catch me out. Last sunday one of them followed us back from the pub as he wanted to go through out DVD collection. I flew back - managing to get 5 mins on my own so i could quickly run the hoover around and get rid of the dirty ashtrays etc

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Dropping by unannounced
our house is like a drop in centre, so I expect they've seen worse than underpants!!

We came home once after a day out to find three of our friends sitting round our kitchen table drinking tea and eating my apple tart..... Jordan was nearly fired from his gig as watchdog, as he was just sitting under the table wagging and eating scraps of pastry.....loyalty me @ss....

bam bam
21-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Dropping by unannounced
You lil old control freak SF :ohmy: Im JUST the same :w00t:

I never used to be back in Warwickshire, my flat was like TE's.....a "drop in centre" but since moving to Devon and having to look after THREE others, I dont like people arriving unannounced unless its my bessie mate Dee, she takes us as she finds and I dont have to "wait on her", which is like with my mates back home!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
21-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Dropping by unannounced
It would depend on who it was, but I would probably prefer to know beforehand. I personally would not drop in unannounced on anyone,if I was in the area I would phone or text first to see if they were free.

A couple of weeks ago one of Katie's friends Dad turned up on my doorstep at 9am to see if Katie wanted to come and play later! I was still in my nightie and I had to go and grab my house-coat out of the tumble dryer before answering the door! So, in that sense yes I would like prior warning! :ohmy:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  jUST DROPPING IN TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS. Northern angel 16 2,805 24-12-2006 06:17 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Dropping In..... Marmoset 6 936 21-07-2005 11:31 AM
Last Post: tigger