Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBay Help Please
04-09-2006, 03:15 PM
EBay Help Please

I bought an item on ebay for £15 on Friday. When I went to the Pay Now, it had payments as personal cheque and Paypal with pictures of all the credit cards. I paid as usual with Paypal with my Mastercard and the transaction has had the automatic confirmation.

Then at the weekend I got an email sent direct to my Yahoo account (not done through ebay) to say that she didnt take credit cards (?) and could I send a personal cheque. It definitely has all the credit card symbols and I cannot see where it says she does not accept credit card payments. I have never had a problem when buying stuff before. Can anyone advise me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2006, 05:37 PM
EBay Help Please
I'm not sure, but I've heard that some sellers don't take PayPal payments by credit card because there's a scam whereby the buyers can claim the money back... all very much heresey though.

That said if you've paid I would have thought you would need her to refund you if she's not going to take payment. I'd be reluctant to send her a cheque until I knew the credit card payment had been returned/not gone.

It might be worth checking the ebay community boards to see if anyone there knows more, after all you don't want to end up paying twice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2006, 06:59 PM
EBay Help Please
Absolutely. I would point out to her that you paid by PayPal, and that you are happy to pay by cheque if she could refund the PayPal payment.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user