Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early days. The first heat.
16-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Hello survivors :mellow:

I would love to see the X factor show have a new format. One which sent two acts home at week 3, a further 2 at week 5 and so on. On the basis of being in the bottom two places via totalling the cummalitive vote each week according to the phone vote, the judges/mentors could then function properly in the job they are paid to do which is mentor. A mentor does't just hug you when things go wrong but is someone who attempts to show you how to improve or direct you on the right career path. Smile

I know it might sound a little bit more drawn out but this way the contestants who are amateurs would get a chance to develop a little as the show progressess, and if a song happens to have been the wrong choice than at least theres another chance to rectify that. It also seems very harsh to send someone home each week without having a good shot at it, and I know I can be its hardest critic - but to judge a possible act on one 2 minute slot or less of performance time would see the music industry empty of professional acts if that ruling were applied to the industry as a whole. :wallbash:

This way the viewing public still get there say and the added bonus of watching someone develop into a potential individual.

Of last nights first heat the strongest vocal performances in my view as a professional classical singer/thespian and registered music industry mentor with a recognised arts body are as follows;-

ANDY
SHANE
BRENDA

FORTUNE
CHENAI
PHILIP
CONWAY SISTERS

NICHOLAS
MARIA
JOURNEY SOUTH

CHICO
ADDICTED LADIES

I am still loaded with flu, but feel strongly enough not to have left typing up my views.

Maureen
Northern Angel :smartie: :artist:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2005, 02:13 PM
i like your thinking NA....however I would happily see Chico sent home after just 1 second of his performances so to have the likes of him on for several weeks would be like root canal work being performed by a chimanzee with arthritis! :wallbash:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, as a run of the mill, record buying member of the public, I would buy from Andy and Journey South - the rest can all go home for me!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
16-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Coastie Wrote:i like your thinking NA....however I would happily see Chico sent home after just 1 second of his performances so to have the likes of him on for several weeks would be like root canal work being performed by a chimanzee with arthritis! :wallbash:

Hi Coastie

Today, I think I've caught CPD. Still I love this site, and I love reading what people think.

The demon inside me tells me that Chico should stay a few weeks and next week lap dance for us. Too many northern night clubs and parties and having a good time, influence my thinking here. In truth he is not a singer and will probably never develop as one. So Sharon obviously has a demon inside sending her secret messages, the one that states her desire to watch a younger man strip.

Your reference to a chimpanzee conducting root canal work rings a bell with me. Several years ago, I had a filling done by a dentist who was absolutely delicious, who had me completely mesmerised as he pranced around the room to dated disco music - what was equally stunning was the fact that he didn't fill in the worng tooth and had used minimal freezing agent.

Seriously though I do think the X factor needs another format, because oddly enough I do like singers from all genres, and had I gone in for something like this 20 year ago a 30 second audition wouldn't have been long enough to demonstrate your abilities and a 2 minute slot in a heat likewise, the same.

Maureen
Northern angel
16-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Eternity Wrote:Well, as a run of the mill, record buying member of the public, I would buy from Andy and Journey South - the rest can all go home for me!

Hello eternity

At the bottom of me, I'd like to see Andy win. Because, he is the most naturally born singer out of all the contestants. He is totally unaware of the level of gift he has been given, he is also the individual with the least amount of affectation towards modern styles of vocalising. He truly sings, and in his rendition of the George Benson song recording Greatest love of all, he had worked out how to pace the tune and at what point the song needed belting and yes I too would buy his CD. (Too many so called artists spend far to much time belting and murdering every tune today, its lovely tohear one properly paced.)

Maureen
Northern angel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Early predictions... Coastie 2 3,505 22-08-2007 09:16 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Early predictions - Judges! Coastie 7 1,839 02-09-2006 10:41 AM
Last Post: Dolores