Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing
26-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Editing

Is anyone else getting a bit fed up with this years editing ? I know there were complaints last time, but it seems even worse now.

I mean, this fight with Sophie yesterday .... we didnt even know that Sophie spoke let alone talked about herself all the time ?

They seem to pick one or two people every night and just focus on them, rather than the whole group. Im sure in the past (when it was Linda Barker and Antony Worrell thingy) they used to show the group, interacting. Not just one or two of them.

So far, because i havent watched any live feed i havent seen much of Vic, Brian, Sophie or Nancy .. well, anyone really. I havent picked up much on their personalities, or their likes and dislikes.

It silly. We want to see them all together, talking, mucking around, flirting.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Editing
I wonder if it is all pretty dull really and they have to pick out the bits that are going make the most entertaining viewing.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Editing
I agree SF, I actually think it must be pretty dull and boring for the celebs in the camp. What do they have to do all day.

OK one goes to the BTT, another two of them go to find the chest but then the rest of them only have little things to do around camp, ie wash up/collect logs etc.
I really do think the day must be so long for them in there.
But then again, when people are together for that long a time, little things that in RL you wouldn't normally moan about are escalated 100 times and seem much worse. Making for good TV, albeit maybe only 10 minutes of tv.
26-11-2004, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2004 03:03 PM by Blue Alex.)
Editing
But have you noticed how the celebs (& I use that term loosely in some cases) in there, cite bad editing when they've been chosen for a trial? It seems to be a handy excuse for them, no doubt when they're out it'll be Oh I was really entertaining but I was edited unfairly.

Apparently, Mike Read (eh, who dat? you're asking - I know!) was a right bundle of laughs in the jungle but moaned and groaned when he was evicted first that he was seen as boring (we'll get back to you on that one Mike).

As with Big Brother (still my fave reality telly prog) and other similar progs, the people involved know what they're getting into and what will give them precious air time (Nancy & Sophie's 'bath' for example). There's too much acting up for the cameras this year by the majority of the contestants.

and if Sheila does THAT screech again when she's NOT picked for a trial I will kick the telly in!

http://www.theblueroom.me.uk
[Image: 1BD_button.gif]
26-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Editing
I agree about the editing being bad. I have watched some hilarious antics on the live coverage and all day coverage on ITV2 (which seems to be a repeat of the live coverage by what I can see cos I have seen some bits twice).

The funniest bit was when they were all talking about starting an IAC Experience Restaurant with customers sitting on logs etc. They were all shrieking with laughter, even Janet. Would have thought that would be on the show as one of the highlights. Still they don't seem to show things in chronological order - just as and when they think its appropriate but now that Brian has "walked" they can't really show any clips with him in it and pretend they are recent Sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Editing: A small point isleofweather 4 961 28-11-2004 06:28 PM
Last Post: Kittencat