Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egypt
06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Egypt

Anybody got any tips for Egypt? I'm off there on Monday.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Egypt
OOOoooh I'm So jealous - we were due to go to the Hilton in Sharm two weeks ago.Sad

Main tip I have is to dive and snorkle every day and party every night!! {depending on where you're going of course - would'nt get to do much diving in El djem!]

be careful of handling the local money and eating afterwards - their notes are spectacularly filthy.

tip as liberally as you can -even small amounts make a difference to the average worker - and to the service you get!

As for sights and trips - where are you heading for?

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Egypt
doh, and seeing as el jem is in tunisia, you can see how helpful I am as a guide!:ninja:

bam bam
07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Egypt
Tigereye Wrote:As for sights and trips - where are you heading for?

We're on a Nile cruise for a week - then three days "relaxing" on the Red Sea - to be honest I can't wait - the weather here is rubbish at the monent!

07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Egypt
Tig is right about tipping - the first waiter that serves you tip very well in English pounds - they prefer that - and you will not go without a drink all the time you are there. they will just look after you so well.

the money is dirty - so those little bottles of hand gel are invaluable - we went to the red sea last feb and it was the best beach/sun type holiday we have ever had.

I am sooooo jelaous.
HAve a great time.
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Egypt
enjoy Rob! never been there but I always think of the Peter Kay sketch when he says "going t'egypt" when someone mentions egypt!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
30-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Egypt
Hi Rob, just wondered how you enjoyed your cruise. We have booked for May next year and I would be grateful for any tips from you or anyone else that has been on one.
30-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Egypt
mazwad Wrote:Hi Rob, just wondered how you enjoyed your cruise. We have booked for May next year and I would be grateful for any tips from you or anyone else that has been on one.

maz!!! you old dog! how you been? and how is Crit?!

lovely to see u on here again!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
30-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Egypt
I have been hanging around on another forum with Crit. Most of my time though has been spent researching my family history, a subject that I have found fascinating.

Crit is fine, I have been trying to persuade her to come back on here as I know she looks in now and then. I have a bit of a soft spot for this forum as it was my first and set me up for finding my way around others.
30-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Egypt
I loved the cruise - wouldn't mind going and doing it again some day!

Tips - take antiseptic hand wash - the money is unbelievably filthy!

Get some small notes for tipping - everybody expects a tip.

Totally igore those trying to sell you something at the monuments - don't even say "No thank you" - it only encourages them - the best bet is to say nowt.

Go to Abu Simbel - it's worth the extra money.

Be prepared to get a tummy bug - most people do - if you can get Egyptian anti diarrhoea tablets - they come in a red strip and cost about 20p for ten - but they work!

Also the usual stuff about wearing a hat and drinking lots of water!

Hope you enjoy it in May!

If I think of anything else I'll add it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  anyone been to Sharm, Egypt Tigereye 3 2,273 14-08-2008 06:58 AM
Last Post: Coastie