Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Episode 4 - Walkabout (Lockes Story) C4 - 25th August!
25-08-2005, 07:17 AM

I think it might be a good idea if we have seperate threads to discuss each episode then hopefully we won't give the game away to those who haven't seen that episode yet.

So feel free to discuss Lockes story here!
Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2005, 07:33 AM
ooh good thinking batman, I did watch some of this last night but dozed off. Will watch again with Mr Cat tonight and then discuss.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Excellent idea.
I LOVED Locke's story.
I felt sorry for him in the beginning of the flash back when he was in that awful job with the awful manager.You could tell that he was capable of much more.
That was bad enough, but then when we found out the reason he was rejected for the adventure holiday....my heart really went out to him.
And then on the island......mysterious or what.
He is one of my favourite charachters and that has not wavered as the series progresses.(We are on episode 16 at the mo.)

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Agreed, fab idea! I too am loving Locke, and wanted so much to punch that bully of manager! I was shocked when I saw that he was in a wheelchair, it came as such a surprise. I think Locke is the sort of person though that wouldn't thank for feeling sorry for him. He is a very proud man and I am happy he got his "legs back".

Who do you think the mysterious figure is though? :blink:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
25-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I tell ya....Locke knows things!
woooo.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Oooh it was good last night. Locke's mysterious disappearing paralysis is weird too...
25-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Ooh Great idea Ils :thumbsup:

And that mysterious figure who was hanging around just before locke came back with the hog.
I thought it was Locke at first, but is the doctor having hallucinations :unsure:

I've read in the papers about Locke, saying there is more to him than meets the eye.

[Image: 429.gif]
25-08-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm wondering if Locke's miraculous ability to walk again is going to be something mysterious or just something logical, like the jolt from the plane crash re-aligned something in his spine, for example.

Reminds me of when my brother-in-law, who had a long term back problem, fell out off his loft ladder, over the bannister rail and landed on the ground floor! Result, a couple of broken ribs but no more back trouble! So it could happen I suppose.

I hope they tell us how or why in a future episode.
25-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I wondered that too Crit but I'm hoping all will become apparent in future episodes. My theory is that it has something to do with the island but I don't know.

I like Lockes character and like Bella I was shocked to see him in a wheelchair.
25-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Just watched it ... we taped it cos it's on too late for my son and he really likes it ... I just hope it doesn't get gory as he has nightmares and then has to sleep with me, which I hate cos he snores and takes up all the room!

back o/t!

How me and my son sniggered when someone said "jackass" tonight ... and that is now our new name for jack!

I thought Locke was some kind of "sleeper" doing a civilian job but ready to join a crack action squad at any moment ... you know like the A-Team! I didnt like the scenes where his manager was bossing him and belittling him in a spiteful way. Are grown men really bullies to each other like that? I suppose they are.

Felt a bit freaked out when it turned out that Helen was his pyschiartrist and not his partner, he obviously has trouble with reality and fantasy ... could be an interesting character.

I have to say the shadowy figure under the trees gave me the shivers and I can't wait to find otu more about this.

As for the "thing" ... not keen on that story line to be honest. Are gonna use the "unseen monster" plot EVERY episode?

Also liking the character Sawyer who is constantly moaning and very pessimistic ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Last week's episode Bella 24 3,310 03-09-2006 07:15 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Lost E4 episode 7th December 2005 Bella 20 2,587 15-12-2005 10:47 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Claire's Story - Spoiler - E4 Viewers only! Bella 6 1,540 15-10-2005 03:57 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Sayid's Story - Spoiler Bella 9 1,363 03-10-2005 09:35 AM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Spoiler - Episode 8 "Confidence Man" E4 Viewers Only Rob 19 2,339 29-09-2005 07:07 PM
Last Post: Critique
  Episode 7 The Moth - E4 viewers only - SPOILER! Bella 9 1,450 15-09-2005 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  I am struggling with the Titles - and episode numbers?? Flip 11 1,797 10-09-2005 04:43 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Episode 6 - House of the Rising Sun (SPOILER - E4 Ep) Minklemar 10 1,785 08-09-2005 03:00 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Episode 5 - White Rabbits (E4 viewers only) Bella 26 2,812 04-09-2005 08:50 PM
Last Post: ils