Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
06-04-2005, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2005 09:47 PM by Haydon_acc2.)
Episode 8 - Farm Produce

Noooooooooooo! not Ben!

why o why is that ***** Paul still there?!

Sir Alan - remember Terry V? him and Paul are both shysters who will bring you down!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Poor old Ben, he did his best.

I've noticed something else annoying about Saira BTW. You know how people speak to foreigners when they think they won't understand what they're saying... they pro nounce ev er y syll ab le in ev er y word ver y clear ly - Saira does this to everyone!
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Nox Wrote:Poor old Ben, he did his best.

I've noticed something else annoying about Saira BTW. You know how people speak to foreigners when they think they won't understand what they're saying... they pro nounce ev er y syll ab le in ev er y word ver y clear ly - Saira does this to everyone!

does she ever! her voice is cutting right through me like a cheese wire!

Of those left (and I'm still mourning Ben!) my fancy is with Miriam and James.

Tim is such an **** licker. There isn't a buzzword or phrase he hasn't mentioned to date!
Paul is a complete git - no further explanation necessary although he is fabulous tv when he squirms when he's on the firing line!!!
Saira is a charmless banshee.
Raj is a nonentity.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
06-04-2005, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2005 09:38 PM by Cheekychops.)
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
I thought Ben was the one who would win :cry:

Now I will watch and wait for the day that Sir Alan fires Paul (Cos Paul's sure to explode :laugh: ) and when Saira finally can't talk her way out of getting fired :gunsmilie

Don't know who I want to win now though (should go for Miriam cos she's a woman but something about her that I don't like)

Was a great episode tonight though.

XXxCheekyChopsXXX Heart
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
I've come late to this as I've been too busy for much telly, but I don't like any of them. I do have a particular dislike of James though. He's like one of those smiley faced balloons - big grin and nowt but a load of air behind it.

The only one I can actually see working with Sugar is that weasely little car salesman Paul.

Great viewing though!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
My dislike for Saira has not waned, but give the girl her due - she really pulled it off tonight!!

Having said that if James had not put his foot down and insisted that they get the chef for 'free' then they would have definitely been on the losing side. And the very fact that they went out and picked the elderberries themselves shows initiative and sheer determination. That Raj is still a usless lump.

It was obvious that the preserves would fly off the shelves before soup - nice as may have been is a more immediate product so takes more thinking about, with preserves it is a buy now and maybe use later - but can keep and therefore more economic price wise.

I actually agreed with Paul tonight also - and I still dislike him - but he did use his noggin when negotiating for the pumpkins, and other veg, and the printing and the cartons!! Miriam put in a good job making the soups - sorry but what did Ben actually do - other than turn the soup sour with his miserable face?

I agree Tim was hopeless and is hopeless - why didn't he get his wrists slapped over the finances I wonder??

I think it was the right call tonight by AS. And it was a great one to watch.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

06-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Ben was an invisible project leader tonight, but if he'd chosen Tim to accompany him into the boardroom he might have survived another week. I think he chose Miriam and Paul in the hope that they would engage one another in battle and deflect attention from him, but the Sugar Daddy didn't let that happen.

Nox, you're spot on about Saira's infuriating tone of voice with anyone she considers below her. I bet that chef was seething, but what can you do with someone as ignorant as that when the cameras are on you? I have to agree with you too, Flip, and concede (begrudgingly) that she does bring impressive results in certain situations. It looks like James's charm is rapidly approaching its sell-by date with her. That'll be interesting...

Did you see the excerpt from next week's programme at the end, where the Sugar Daddy is preparing to fire someone? Can't remember his exact words but he says something like, there's only room for one mouthy person in my business - and that's me! Maybe the writing is finally on the wall for either Saira or Paul.
07-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Cheekychops Wrote:Don't know who I want to win now though (should go for Miriam cos she's a woman but something about her that I don't like)

I don't like Miriam either, Cheekychops. I not sure why either! I think it may be cos she looks grubby and she has very little charm. But I do rate her more highly than some of the others that are left.

i wish Ben had asserted himself more as project leader. It's a shame he went.

07-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Which one is Saira and which is Miriam?

Who ever the girl of Indian elk, I thought her selling was very good last night.
07-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Episode 8 - Farm Produce
Saira's the Asian woman, Cat. She is a hard seller, but her effectiveness is limited to street-sales and nose-to-nose-negotiations types of situations. She's so pushy and aggressive that a lot of people resist her attentions. And she's bossy! Her judgement is often dodgy, but because she shouts loudest she tends to get her own way. I couldn't stand to be in any team with her. Ugh!

I don't understand why you think of Miriam as grubby, Dol, but since you said it a few weeks ago I can't escape that thought whenever I see her. :laugh: The power of suggestion. She's may favourite, though. I think still waters run deep in her and I hope she wins.