Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error report
19-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Error report

On this site in particular and others, everytime I try to click on a link, for example the news on the front page, or the smilies, or clicking on someone's scales to give them rep, a microsoft error report comes up. The one with 'send error report' or 'don't send'. The page then freezes and I can't click on anything except the start bar. Even 'control, alt, delete' doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I did a virus scan and adaware scan and nothing showed up on either of those.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Error report
have you got some popup blocker on Tigger? I'm no expert and this is the only thing I can suggest!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
19-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Error report
tigger767 Wrote:On this site in particular and others, everytime I try to click on a link, for example the news on the front page, or the smilies, or clicking on someone's scales to give them rep, a microsoft error report comes up. The one with 'send error report' or 'don't send'. The page then freezes and I can't click on anything except the start bar. Even 'control, alt, delete' doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? I did a virus scan and adaware scan and nothing showed up on either of those.

Tigger, we got this all the time on our old PC but we discovered a few viruses. in the end we had to get a new PC as the old one was just so unreliable. Hope you get it sorted out!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
19-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Error report
If you are using Internet Explorer, it might be worth downloading one of the free browsers such as firefox, and trying that. if the problem goes away it was something to do with IE, if it doesn't it will need further investigation.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Error report
I'm going to have to try something. It's all over the place.

I've been trying to give peeps rep for days and it won't let me. Sorry guys. Sad
And I can only use the smilies that I know the typewritten thingies for. Sad

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
19-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Error report
That'd be a javascript problem then. This is unlikely to be a direct result of viral activity. More likely associated to corrupted system files. Try restoring system files. Sorry - can't remember where that option is in XP/2000. In 98/ME you need: Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools-->System Information. Tools-->System file checker.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
20-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Error report
Well done Blinky! :w00t: It worked! Has anyone told you how superb you are? :thumbsup: Thank you, thank you very much. Smile

20-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Error report
tigger767 Wrote:It worked!
Hooray! Sometimes my wild guesses hit the target... Smile

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
20-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Error report
Blink Wrote:Hooray! Sometimes my wild guesses hit the target... Smile
Blink can you guess the lottery numbers for tomorrow night for me please? PM me. I don't want everyone knowing them.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
21-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Error report
Sorry PJ, wouldn't want to give you an unfair advantage. So for everyone's benefit, I guess that the numbers will be:

quarter to ten
an aardvark
36D

and the bonus ball:

12 oz flour and a lemon

I expect 10% of everyone's winnings, naturally.