Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Escape to the Legion!
05-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Escape to the Legion!

Anyone else watch this last night...ch4 9pm!

Bear (an explorer who's climbed Everest and sailed a small craft round the artic ocean) has got together a bunch of lads who for whatever reason want to take part in a months challenge of surviving the French Foreign Legion.

I tell ya they are tough beggers them Legionairs.....3 former Legionairs have taken the 16 men to task in the heart of the Sahara with numerous beastings already delivered mainly because a guy called Terry couldn't hack it after a day and rang the bell to opt out....he had to spend 24hrs in the cell and watching his fellow recruits be beasted up and down a dune because of him...he still quit!

Wayne is the unfittest of the group but he has such determination...he did think about quitting but with a bit of encouragment he dug deep and got on with it.

In order to get fed they have to be able to do 10 pull ups for every meal.....some haven't had a proper meal in three days!

Great viewing...it's a four parter so I shall be glued to the TV again next week! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Escape to the Legion!
I watched this for no other reason than i was too lazy to look for the remote!

But what a little gem of programme.

I had a lot of sympathy for poor old Wayne ... he was suffering from diarreahea, in that heat with the fluid draining away from you it must have been unbearable, it had certainly given him a headache ... to say nothing of what his pants must have looked like ... there wasn't a portaloo for miles!

As for Lee the "sick note" guy! was he really only 18?! cos if he was he's had some very very rough digs! Anyway he was getting on my nerves with his potty mouth and bad attitude.

But prize for making me laugh was Bear! His relentless commentary (OK I know it's put on afterwards!) jus had me howling with laughter. I kept expecting him to say "Day 58 in the legionnaires house"!!! and then even worse his relentless enthusiasm and unflagging "team spirit" .... I'm surprised he hasn't been duffed up yet!! Althogh I did see a scene from next week when he was burried up to his neck in the sand ... I don't think this was a punishiment given out by the commanders, just his "team mates" revenge for all of the above!

good show, may watch next week if I remember it's on!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
05-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Escape to the Legion!
I also like seeing men in combats...shallow and tarty I know but I can't help myself....

There I've said it.... :bag:

Dol..I shall try and remind you for next week! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
05-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Escape to the Legion!
Oh, I meant to watch this last night as they were talking about in on Richard & Judy and from the clips I saw it made the SAS programme look like a walk in the park. I think there is a guy from Edinburgh on it, must remember and tune in next week!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
05-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Escape to the Legion!
I dunno Bella I think it was a the guy from Edinburgh that dropped out after a day...he had a Edinburgh accent anyway! :mellow:

05-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Escape to the Legion!
Coastie Wrote:I dunno Bella I think it was a the guy from Edinburgh that dropped out after a day...he had a Edinburgh accent anyway! :mellow:

Lol!!! I wouldn't be surprised, we are not used to toughness up here! :laugh:

05-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Escape to the Legion!
I saw this too - and it was a blummin brilliant program. I kept shaking my head and watching in awe at what they had to do - and i was soooo proud of Wayne. I wanted to give him a huge hug.

But ewwwwwwwwww did you see that mans blisters :sick:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
05-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Escape to the Legion!
Bella Wrote:Lol!!! I wouldn't be surprised, we are not used to toughness up here! :laugh:

I dunno Bella....going from some of your posts on here I wouldn't want to make you angry! Huh

Bonnie.....you wanted to pop em with a pin didn't you...go on admit it! :w00t:

05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Escape to the Legion!
Coastie Wrote:I dunno Bella....going from some of your posts on here I wouldn't want to make you angry! Huh

Bonnie.....you wanted to pop em with a pin didn't you...go on admit it! :w00t:

We are wimps really - all mouth and no action! :laugh:

05-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Escape to the Legion!
Coastie Wrote:Bonnie.....you wanted to pop em with a pin didn't you...go on admit it! :w00t:

Oh yes indeedy do - if i ever have a blister i have to pop it, with a tissue at the ready to soak up any juices :w00t:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TV Escape to the Legion on The History Channel : UK, and the Discovery Channel :USA RaiderDingo 19 3,040 16-10-2005 09:09 PM
Last Post: RaiderDingo