Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etiquette
01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Etiquette

The suitcase is out again despite me saying I didn't want to see it again til 2006. I'm going to Paignton in Devon on Wednesday the 5th Oct. to stay with a friend I met via the internet (just for a couple of days). She's branching out into business on her own and wants me to go and help her "find her way" around the computer as she says she just about knows how to switch it on and answer emails.

I'm going by train and travelling light so tell me, should I take my own towels, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner etc? When I go to stay with the rellies it's understood that I don't take all this bulky stuff, in fact they keep a dressing gown especially for me.

Staying with someone I've never met, do you think I should take all my own towels and sundries like that. Should I ask her, do you think? If you had someone coming to stay would you think it was cheeky if they didn't bring all their own stuff and dipped into yours?
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Etiquette
Crit, I wouldn't take towels, but I would take shampoo and conditioner as it is for more than 1 night.

I personally wouldn't be upset if a guest used my shampoo, but I think some people might be. And I think it is only polite to take that stuff down with you.

Haven't you got any small bottles nicked from a hotel?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Etiquette
Ghost Wrote:Crit, I wouldn't take towels, but I would take shampoo and conditioner as it is for more than 1 night.

I personally wouldn't be upset if a guest used my shampoo, but I think some people might be. And I think it is only polite to take that stuff down with you.

Haven't you got any small bottles nicked from a hotel?

Naah the sort of hotels I stay in usually mug you on the way in Blush

Thanks for your advice Smile
01-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Etiquette
Agree with Ghost, take all your own toiletries, but not towels. I have been the host in many such situations, and my rooms always have things like towels, tissues and dressing gown in ready for them. I also always make sure there is a good supply of mags, some people find it hard to sleep in odd locations, and nothing is worse than laying there, wide awake, bored to tears! :closedeye

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Etiquette
I always supply my guests with a towel but would expect them to bring their own shampoo, conditioner and hair brush (eew) and soap...I'm not to worried about sharing toothpaste but will always take my own when visiting.

I have a grab bag of wash things which includes all the esentials (shampoo, liquid soap (in handy little refillable body shop bottles...I can't promote this idea enough) tooth brush, toothpaste,

GOT TO GO JOB ON!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Etiquette
If you're going all that way to help her, she should do what she can to minimise any inconvenience to you.

I'd expect a decent room, with all the stuff I might need; decent meals and grovelling.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Etiquette
Take nothing, not even a change of clothes - dip into her wardrobe.
01-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Etiquette
Thanks for the practical advice Eternity and Coastie but Fee and Cat, I am liking your way of thinking very much :thumbsup: :laugh:
01-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Etiquette
Cat Wrote:Take nothing, not even a change of clothes - dip into her wardrobe.

Eeew...be honest how would you like it if someone started to wear your pants! :mellow:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Etiquette
Coastie Wrote:Eeew...be honest how would you like it if someone started to wear your pants! :mellow:

Well she doesn't use them at the weekends so whoever they were would be welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unspoken Rules of Etiquette Dolores 41 2,205 18-08-2005 04:06 PM
Last Post: Flyo