Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurovision Smeg Contest
25-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Eurovision Smeg Contest

Daughter wanted to watch it, I couldn't stomach more than two acts and had to watch through my fingers.

One had a bunch of old ladies knitting while a tart in a tutu flashed her bloomers, the other had an ice skater and an epileptic violinist.

DId I happen to catch the two worst offerings or were the rest just as smeggy?

I see Wogan is thinking of stepping down, can't say I blame him after seeing that bilge!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
I cannot bear the Eurovision song contest thingy on any level - talent(?); longevity; entertainment; irony - it all passes me by.

I do know of people that print off score sheets from t'internet and make a real night of it - they make out they are doing it for the sake or irony and a good laugh - but they're not - they love it - they must do for sitting through such, as you say SF, bilge!

Well done to you though for watching two acts! :thumbsup: the things we do for our kids eh!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
A few years back I watched Eurovision with my husband and two of our friends from beginning to end........and we LOVED it. We p!.ssed ourselves laughing throughout the whole thing - partly because the acts were so ridiculous and partly because of Terry Wogan's witty and ironic commentary. It was a really good night. I can't remember much about the acts, but I do know that it was the year Javine Hylton sang the UK entry.

Since then, we've tried watching it in an effort to recapture the merriment of that night, and our experience has been much the same as SF's - we've found it really dull and totally talentless. Even Wogan's commentary hasn't saved it.

I can only assume we were really, really drunk that first time......:laugh:
25-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
didnt think i would agree with you on anything again SF, but im with ya all the way on this, I saw these 2 acts and thought WTF?????

then turned back to Britains Got Talent......:laugh: :laugh:

does anyone know who won????Huh

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
25-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
Russia won. And I didn't sit and watch it - I turned over after watching a film on channel 4 (mean Girls - load of ****e) we got about 16 points and came second from bottom again.

I don't know why we even bother entering this bloody thing anymore.
25-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
:laugh: I watched Mean Girls too Buzz - I wasnt going to admit it but as you have........ :wink2:

didnt Timberland produce the Russian entry? and it was co-written by the lad from One Republic.......or am I making it up as I go along? I have heard the song that they did on Radio 1 and it was really good, but cant remember what Country they did it for Blush

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
26-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
I watched...I laughed...I cringed and I wanted the Latvian Pirates to win...gutted they didn't...

I think it's about time we pulled our talent and money out of the event now though as clearly we will never, ever stand any chance of winning...or coming close...again due to former Eastern 'Block' voting!

They'd soon miss our £40 million...that'll teach 'em!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
Isis Wrote:didnt think i would agree with you on anything again SF

Why's that then?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
26-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
survivorfan Wrote:Why's that then?

What??? you really have to ask???? now there was me thinking you were intelligent and astute!!!!! :wallbash:

26-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Eurovision Smeg Contest
Yes, but at his age he's lucky to have found his way back here let alone remember who he wound up and why.

Isn't that right, Swerve? I SAID, ISN'T THAT RIGHT?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eurovision song contest?? La Freak 33 4,017 28-03-2007 03:35 PM
Last Post: Flyo
  Eurovision Seabreeze 50 4,054 24-05-2006 02:45 PM
Last Post: Aondeag
  Eurovision....who will be watching???!!! Crystal Lights 43 4,005 22-05-2005 12:38 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Eurovision Song Contest anyone? Critique 35 3,228 07-03-2005 03:43 PM
Last Post: Bella