Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exercise
30-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Exercise

Having lost a bit of the old flab, I have decided to go back to the gym to try & tone the remaining into something resembling muscle.

I like the gym but after a while it gets boring, so despite despising aerobics, I decided to try a class or 2. My gym has started a new class called Boxercise - what a fabulous idea. You may or may not have heard of it - I hadn't. But I had a ball - a warm up, shadow boxing & then on with the boxing gloves! Half the class wore them & half the class had big pads - we punched hell out of them & then we swapped & they returned the favour.

The girl instructing teaches boys boxing in Liverpool & she was telling us what to do, it was a great workout - I'll definately be going back.

Have you ever done it & what did you think? What exercise do you do - if any?

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Exercise
I do boxercise too - and I agree, its fab. So much better than pounding away on a treadmill!

I'm like you Jaycee - I find the gym really, really dull. Sometimes I have no choice but to use it to exercise e.g. if I'm working away from home I have to use the hotel gym :sad:, but given the choice I'd rather do a class.

I like classes which give you some variety, plus a good mix of aerobic, strength and resistance training, and boxercise fits the bill. I also like circuit training and find that most of the people who attend my circuit class also go to my boxercise class so I think if you like the boxercise, you might also get some enjoyment out of circuit if you have classes available.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
30-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Exercise
I am looking for a good class to go to, I used to enjoy step rebok. I run a couple of times a week and have just started back at the gym to firm up upper body. Will see if there are any boxercise classes around - sounds good.
30-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Exercise
I have never done a boxercise class - but a few years ago when Mr F bought me a personal trainer for my birthday, we did a lot of boxing as part of the routine. I am so not a fan of formal exercise yet I absolutely loved the boxing - it kind of made me empowered and I felt all happy and strong.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]