Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extras - Series 2 (Thursday, 9pm, BBC2)
14-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Does anyone else watch this? I think it's absolutely hilarious!

Tonight's first episode of the 2nd series didn't disappoint. Orlando Bloom was nothing special but Keith Chegwin had me crying with laughter!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Maggie and Andy's agent are my favourite characters in this. The non-acting is superb. Love it.
Find all posts by this user
15-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Oh B*gger! I forgot all about this, I watched the Channel 4 thingy Low Summer Sun or something like that as it was based in Edinburgh and then my friend phoned and I lost a chunk of what it was about!

Will Extras be repeated during the week?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Yes I saw it and it was very funny. Keith Chegwin was hilarious but why does everyone think Orlando Bloom is so goodlooking? He isnt ugly but with that broken nose he reminds me of a chirpy barrowboy rather than a Hollywood star!
15-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't find either him or Jonny Depp remotely attractive, but obviously they must have something!
15-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Patsy Wrote:I don't find either him or Jonny Depp remotely attractive, but obviously they must have something!

Patsy, take yourself off to the corner and give yourself a good-talking to! Johnny Depp is to die for but he is much more than just drop dead gorgeous ifsyim! I loved Orlando Bloom as Legolas but didn't think he was attractive in Pirates of the Caribbean that much especially when you compare against Captain Jack Sparrow, he didn't have a look in!

16-09-2006, 06:04 PM
My gaydar alarm goes off at full volume whenever I see Orlando Bloom, but I thought he played his part in Extras really well, by taking the pee out of himself.

"Barry from Eastenders" stuffing the food up his anorak was classic and Keith Chegwin playing an absolute bigot was chillingly good. Loved the bit where he said, "name a funny british black person" and Ricky Gervais caught sight of Lenny Henry's photo and still didnt name him ! :devil:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
16-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Pandora Wrote:My gaydar alarm goes off at full volume whenever I see Orlando Bloom, but I thought he played his part in Extras really well, by taking the pee out of himself.

"Barry from Eastenders" stuffing the food up his anorak was classic and Keith Chegwin playing an absolute bigot was chillingly good. Loved the bit where he said, "name a funny british black person" and Ricky Gervais caught sight of Lenny Henry's photo and still didnt name him ! :devil:

my gaydar goes off with Paul Dannan!

I love Orlando Bloom! Blokes like him and Justin Timberlake make me wish I was 20 years younger!

Extras was very good (although I did have a massive row with my son in the middle which kind of put me out of sorts to say the least!). I think Steve Marchant's agent character is brilliantly played and written - he deserves an award. I particularly loved the scene where he seemed to be trying to persaude Ricky to play the scene, but was really sussing out whether Barry from Eastenders could go on instead.

Maggie, I have to say, gets on my tits slightly - although she does have some very funny lines I think she understates her character too much.
just my opinion you understand.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
16-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Isn't the understatedness of it the whole point though, Dol? My favourite bit of hers was in the last series, the episode with Samuel L Jackson, where she wanted to get off with the black guy and she was trying her best not to seem racist, but went totally the opposite way. Even to the extent of removing her gollywog from her living room! :applause:
16-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Patsy Wrote:Isn't the understatedness of it the whole point though, Dol? My favourite bit of hers was in the last series, the episode with Samuel L Jackson, where she wanted to get off with the black guy and she was trying her best not to seem racist, but went totally the opposite way. Even to the extent of removing her gollywog from her living room! :applause:

That was my favourite one too! Loved it when Maggie insisted that Samuel L Jackson was in the Matrix!

btw I watched the new series on Teleport and it's looking good! David Bowie next week!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hells Kitchen USA (New Series) Coastie 29 4,921 13-11-2006 08:26 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays Dolores 12 2,535 25-10-2006 12:24 PM
Last Post: Minklemar
  New series of Castaway to be set on "exotic" island... Dolores 11 2,396 24-10-2006 05:55 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Apprentice USA - new series? survivorfan 14 2,658 23-10-2006 09:55 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Next Series of The Apprentice Groucho 8 1,940 06-10-2006 07:21 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  New series of Come Dine With Me Critique 6 1,198 29-07-2006 08:01 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Without A Trace - Series 3 Coastie 31 3,124 18-07-2006 09:34 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Girls, new series of Britain's next top model starts................. bridge 2 906 03-07-2006 06:09 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Hustle - Series 3 Seabreeze 13 1,809 06-04-2006 07:03 AM
Last Post: Chingachgook
  *New Series* America's next top model bridge 54 5,187 29-03-2006 07:26 PM
Last Post: bridge