Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F**king ridiculous bin rules.
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2006 11:48 AM by Northern angel.)

How many local authorities are going to pay bin bag police to patrol the streets in wheelie bins with flashing blue lights, just to check you haven't been premature in puting your bin out. Has some whitehall official gone mad? Can't they direct our money to be spent on some more worthy avenue of need, education for example? Are they able to do this simple task?

How many environmental police are going to check the contents of your bins, and if you were one would you want to go through someones ****ty bin? You know just to make sure you haven't put out anything which can be recycled, according to the list authorities have issued with the recyling boxes for tins, bottles, plastic, newpapers, fabrics, etc. A woman has been tried and fined already for puting in food waste which can be composted. That could be a problem if you live in a block of flats, tell me are you meant to take food waste then to a community compost heap several miles away?:ranting:

Oh how unlucky some people will be when fines of 110 pounds are issued to the premature placing of your bin out culprits. Hey are you going to shop your neighbours when they've gone on holiday and had to put the bin out early? Surely if they were to keep the bin until they return, would it not be more of an environmental hazard? What is this ruling going to do for community spirit? Nothing.:ranting:

If you live in a rural community what harm does your bin do at the end of your path? None.

There are people in the wider scheme of things commiting offences that beggar being thought of as human beings, child abusers, rapists, murderers, muggers of old ladies. Have you ever had the need to call the police because a group of youths are wrecking your car or trying to steal it or maybe bricks ar being thrown at your new extension? Did you get a speedy response or not, what was achieved, anything, nothing? Maybe you live in a community where this is the norm and the copper tells you, he can't do anything accept fill out a complaint form and recommends that you place yourself on a council house exchange list. You could be waiting til armegeddon.:ranting:

Christ what's the world coming to when we now have to worry about our bloody bins and the formation of a new commission with its new hotline free phone tell tale.

What do you think?

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2006, 04:05 AM
My bin's full of dog sh!t so good luck to them if they wanna root through it!

I've not heard about fines for putting your bin out too early... I didn't know you could!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello Flyo,

Apparently you can be fined up to 110.00 pounds, for puting your bin out early. You can also be fined for not sorting out your rubbish into that which your local authority can recycle and that which it can not.

I'd love to hear of someone going through your rubbish.:laugh: For that matter, I'd like them to go through mine with its sealed bags of used cat litter. mm.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
23-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Recyclying here drives me mad, I put my box out faithfully everyweek and do they take it - no. So clearly I'm putting something in it which isn't supposed to be there, but instead of taking the things they can so I know what I'm doing wrong, they take nothing! I even rang the council to ask what I was doing wrong but it's three months later and I'm still waiting for them to call me back!!!!

I've looked at their list and I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2006, 06:11 PM
How early are we talking about? The night before, when most people put theirs out? 24 hours before?

And yes, what happens if you can't put your bin out a day early because you're going away, - so it starts smelling, and it attracts rats, foxes, etc. - and when you come back you just keep filling it up so the lid won't fit on properly, making the problem worse!

Especially for those people like us whose rubbish bin is only collected every fortnight anyway!!! (Recycling bin is collected on the alternate weeks)

I'd rather give my taxes money to a charitable organisation to do something useful with than give to the council to waste!
31-08-2006, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2006 06:47 PM by Haydon_acc2.)
Not sure why that went in twice - sorry folks!

<Mary - np. I've deleted your duplicate post for you. Welcome to SO btw Smile - Haydon, SO Owner>
31-08-2006, 06:13 PM
council waste, waste. Like what you did there Mary.

I just chuck mine outside someone elses house so it's not a problem :fireman:

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Only one home under new rules Haydon_acc2 12 2,247 19-03-2008 11:15 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Ridiculous Child Seat Laws Groucho 11 1,568 28-09-2006 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn
  King survivorfan 49 4,734 02-04-2005 01:42 PM
Last Post: PJ