Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faliraki, Greece
21-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Faliraki, Greece

So, to anyone who has ever thought of going to Faliraki then been put off by the pictures of vomitting 20 somethings or bikini clad slappers holding a fag in one hand and a bottle of smirnoff ice in the other that are often seen on programs such as "Club Reps", then I'd say think again.
To be honest, I dunno what I was expecting. I thought it'd be a lot rowdier for a start.
Basically, the police have really clamped down on Faliraki, which in my opinion is a good thing since more people are now able to enjoy what this little Rhodes resort has to offer.
We arrived bleary-eyed and tired around 4am on the Thursday morning. The first thing we noticed about our appartments was that everyone was still up dancing, eating, drinking and the music was so loud. That'll be the 24 hour bar and resturaunt then...
The appartments were basic but clean and the maids seemed to deliver fresh towels almost every day. We had to pay 30 euros to hire the air-con for a week but it was the best 30 euros I've ever spent. Air-con is an absolute must otherwise you'll feel so sticky and lethargic that you won't want to move from your bed.
The manager of our appartments, George, was one of the nicest guys I'#ve met. He was constantly bombarding us with free drinks, shots and fish-bowls (a big bowl with everything chucked in, from ouzo to vodka). Oh yes, and he also showed us the gun that he carries around in case there's ever any trouble at his appartments.... Nice. Let's stay on the right side of George then.
As for the resort itself, I was impressed. As I said I was expecting to see people passed out in their own vomit everywhere I went. But all the bars and clubs are confined to two streets - the imaginatively named "Bar Street" and "Club Street". This is where the action is. It was great. Both streets were buzzing with people of similar age just out to have a good time with their mates. I only saw one fight while I was there (and that was between two girls who were fighting over who was better at karaoke). All the pubs were great and because we were in a group of 12 we were able to get some great deals if we went in, ie. two free shots each etc. The deals were a must since buying drinks isn't actually that cheap. In fact, we all used to go across to Asda, buy some booze then drinkn in the appartments before we went out. Many nights out are a complete blur so don't ask...
Also, I noticed that a police car cruises down both Pub Street and Club Street every hour, checking for anyone who's being unruly. That isn't to say everyone walks about like 'Stepford Clubbers' because they don't (we certianly didn't...) but I was honestly pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of it all.
So that's the bar and club street - now onto the other parts. All the other streets in Faliraki still have pubs and resturaunts but they are much quieter and much more suited to families who holiday there. IN fact I was surprised by how many families I saw with small children there. But if they stay away from bar and pub street during the early hours of the morning then there's no reason they shouldn't holiday here.
Now the beach. The beach is immaculate and stretches for miles. You can either just laze about and sunbathe, take part in the water sports (amazing!) or grab a bite to eat and a pint at one of the delicious beach side cafe's. I loved it here. Especially because there's a breeze, so it never felt too hot.
As well as Faliraki, we took a trip into the city of Rhodes which is very different. It was a gorgeous place. Especially the Old Town. Very quaint and very Greek. It really was beautiful. In fact Miss PJ and I would like to return their when we're a bit older and too tired for all this clubbing malarky. However, it wasn't that cheap.
The food was brilliant. I fell in love with these things called Gyros. Basically, a Greek kebab. Essential after a heavy night out.
As for the weather - I didn't see one cloud the whole week I was there. Couldn't have been better.
So, that's that. I would definately recommend Faliraki if you want to go, forget all your troubles and have a good time with your mates. I'd also actually recommend it if you want to go a family holiday although some areas might be a little overwhelming for little children.
Overall, I loved it and wouldn't hesitate to return. Only this time, I'd maybe plan it out a bit more beforehand and take some more money!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Faliraki, Greece
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Was Miss. PJ glad she went along ?

And as for George and his gun *gulp* i think i would of offered to have his children :ninja:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Faliraki, Greece
Bonsai Wrote:It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Was Miss. PJ glad she went along ?

And as for George and his gun *gulp* i think i would of offered to have his children :ninja:
Yes Bonsai, Miss PJ was glad she came. She had a ball. It was good cos we could spend time with my mates and also go off on our own and have dinner or something. It all worked out good in the end Smile

[/SIZE]
21-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Faliraki, Greece
Sounds like you had a great time - glad it all worked out well in the end :sun:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Faliraki, Greece
sounds great PJ!

I was watching "club reps" the other night and I thought of you ... and how I laughed cos I rememberred when you went to a foam party in Ibiza and pee'd in the foam cos you couldn't find the toilet! ... of course that was in your "pre-fully qualified dentist" days!! :laugh:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
22-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Faliraki, Greece
Hello PJ,

I'm pleased you and Miss PJ have had a lovely time. Appreciate you sharing some of your holiday experiences, after the worry you had in the beginning it has all worked out fine. Three cheers.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
25-07-2006, 01:04 AM
Faliraki, Greece
Piccies please!!!:photo: :laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
25-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Faliraki, Greece
msgirl Wrote:Piccies please!!!:photo: :laugh:
I thinks it's best if I dinnae post the piccies actually.... :w00t:

[/SIZE]
30-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Faliraki, Greece
Ooh I'm sure the piccies would make a great montage:w00t:

Glad both you and Miss PJ had a blast.
I visited Rhodes ages ago when my friend worked there for a season. I had a great time.
Seem to remember getting on the back of a moped and having a scarey drive back into town late one night[Image: 899.gif]

[Image: 429.gif]
30-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Faliraki, Greece
PJ Wrote:I thinks it's best if I dinnae post the piccies actually.... :w00t:

Go on PJ, post them up as soon as you have them.

I'll be posting mine up when my travels are finished in approximately another 2 and a half weeks. As I'm only home for 2 days at the moment.

Are they semi/rude and you are frightened we might be offended?

Are they piccies of x number of drinkie nights?

Maureen
Northern angel.:bye:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh: