Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fame Academy
16-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Fame Academy

I was talking at work today about this show and how much I loved it and preferred it to any of the other "talent" shows. I know that they have had no more success than the other shows (Lemar being the only success story and he wasn't even a winner), but I thought it was a much more structured programme and you could see the contestants going through their lessons and practise sessions and everything.

If there is anyone from the BBC thinking about putting on another series, but are not sure if anyone would be interested..........

I would. :wub:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Fame Academy
Oooh Patsy, you little tease.
When I saw this, I thought you were gonna say they were doing a new series.
I really liked this show.
I thought this show was better than others because it took people with an interest in music and not just an interest in being a "pop star"
It showed them learning all aspects of music, writing/playing/singing/dancing etc, and I loved watching the live feed of this and even attempted one morning to do their workout. I stress, only one morning.

I wish they would bring this one back.

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Fame Academy
Me too, A. I do like the other shows, especially the initial stages. But I do prefer FA, for the very reasons you say. I don't just want to see a stupid celebrity one, either.
20-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Fame Academy
I'm the opposite I prefer the pop Idol/X factor format to Fame Academy but I still enjoyed it and would like to see another series. I would also like to see another Celebrity version too as I thought the last one was hilarious.
21-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Fame Academy
Patsy Wrote:I was talking at work today about this show and how much I loved it and preferred it to any of the other "talent" shows. I know that they have had no more success than the other shows (Lemar being the only success story and he wasn't even a winner), but I thought it was a much more structured programme and you could see the contestants going through their lessons and practise sessions and everything.

If there is anyone from the BBC thinking about putting on another series, but are not sure if anyone would be interested..........

Hello Patsy

You have started an excellent thread.

I agree that whilst most of the talent shows that have recently been on our screens have had a minimal amount of success. You are right that the programme attracted people who were truly interested in a) music but they were also the ones who were prepared to study for it, meaning ultimately a better standard of contestant. This programme also gave some insight into the background educational circuit of thinking. Enabling viewers to see what was involved.

I'd definitely like to see another series of this, but I would also like to see maybe not annually but every alternate year the return of 'Operatunity' and on Tyne Tees 'This is my moment'. This is my moment had at the end of each heat and the final series a financial reward for all the contestants which in truth is worth more to the contestants than a 1 million pound contract.

For Example;-
If you received £10.000 pounds as an award as a contestant that would pay for either a 2 year full time music course, or five years of professional standard singing lessons or maybe even 2 years of singing lessons and the remainder could be used to finance the making of a demo disc and demo album. (Plus essential costs of arrangement, backing discs, and licenses & MCP's registration is free.) The later the individual would need to shop around to find the best deal. But just to give you an idea the cheapest studio I have ever come across offers two days of studio and engineers time plus 100 discs for £300. This studio uses a computer package called pro-tools and the end result if you have done your practice at home is a very professional finish.

Maureen
Northern angel
28-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Fame Academy
I love Fame Academy.....like it has already been said the best thing about this particular talent show is that it develops the all round performer. The contestants not only have to be able to sing they are also required to dance, play an instrument and write songs...singer songwriters are what I want to see more of as they bring more original stuff into the charts...I get tired of all the cover songs:glare:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Fame Academy
I loved fame academy and I hope they make another series. As well as the contestants I like the teachers much more than the ones in shows like x factor and pop idol. They're professionals who allow the main focus to be on the new performers rather than on their own squabbling and showing off.
02-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Fame Academy
Petal Wrote:I loved fame academy and I hope they make another series. As well as the contestants I like the teachers much more than the ones in shows like x factor and pop idol. They're professionals who allow the main focus to be on the new performers rather than on their own squabbling and showing off.

Petal

Well said.

Exactly what the development of talent is about.

Maureen
Northern angel.
02-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Fame Academy
Coastie Wrote:I love Fame Academy.....like it has already been said the best thing about this particular talent show is that it develops the all round performer. The contestants not only have to be able to sing they are also required to dance, play an instrument and write songs...singer songwriters are what I want to see more of as they bring more original stuff into the charts...I get tired of all the cover songs:glare:

Hiya coastie,

GReat post. Hip hip horay.

Maureen
northern angel
02-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Fame Academy
Patsy Wrote:I was talking at work today about this show and how much I loved it and preferred it to any of the other "talent" shows. I know that they have had no more success than the other shows (Lemar being the only success story and he wasn't even a winner), but I thought it was a much more structured programme and you could see the contestants going through their lessons and practise sessions and everything.

Hi Patsy,

I've just had a brain wave.....

A crazy thought...

Maybe all of us who liked this show FAme Academy should send an e-mail or make a contact via there website, just to let the BBC know how much we enjoyed the show.

Afterall, you never know what they might be planning. The BBC have so far sat back and allowed ITV to dicate what talent shows will be broadcast.

I am also thinking that whilst everything in the music business doesn't radiate around the idea of a million contract maybe even BBC 2 could have a spin off programme. As I have said its just a crazy idea.

If anyone is interested in doing that the Website is; - http://www.bbc.co.uk

Maureen
Northern angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celeb Fame Academy Isis 33 5,877 19-03-2007 12:10 PM
Last Post: Isis
  News on Makosi of Big Brother "fame".... Pandora 7 1,871 27-03-2006 04:49 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Celebrity Fame Academy 2! Clnbnt05 75 6,755 12-03-2005 11:58 PM