Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Fall-outs
28-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Family Fall-outs

Has any happened in your family this Christmas?

Mother in law has fallen out with everyone, called youngest son an effing ar$ehole then denied it and called everyone else liars and so it goes on!

She is supposed to be coming here today but we have had no contact from her but she has told her daughter that she is no longer needed by her family and she no longer needs us, so she is moving to England!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Family Fall-outs
Bella Wrote:She is supposed to be coming here today but we have had no contact from her but she has told her daughter that she is no longer needed by her family and she no longer needs us, so she is moving to England!

hey! we don't want her either!

seriously though, she seems to have burnt a few bridges there doesn't she - was she drunk? or is she often like this?

our family is very mellow and doesn't fall out very often at all.

Although my mum and brother had a humdinger of a row about three Christmas's ago but I wasn't there so don't know all the details. Although I did inadvertently add fuel to the flame of my mother's ire by saying that her and him were alike and that's why they fell out! gosh! next time I will keep my thoughts to myself and just nod and offer sympathy!

of course Maxine and I NEVER fall out these days, but many moons ago when we shared a flat in London we had a few humdingers - but with family things can be made up as quickly as they flared up.

I hope if MIL surfaces today that she is a lot more pleasant Bella!
28-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Family Fall-outs
Bella Wrote:Has any happened in your family this Christmas?

Mother in law has fallen out with everyone, called youngest son an effing ar$ehole then denied it and called everyone else liars and so it goes on!

She is supposed to be coming here today but we have had no contact from her but she has told her daughter that she is no longer needed by her family and she no longer needs us, so she is moving to England!

God, no offence, but you're Mother-in-Law sounds like a nightmare. Just the sort of person you don't want around at Christmas! If I were you, I'd keep your fingers crossed that she is still giving you the cold shoulder and decides to ignore your invitation to visit.

Mind you, it can't be that nice for your husband to have everyone at loggerheads with his Mum. You and he have my sympathies.

We haven't had any fall-outs in the Figaro clan. We all get on well these days but we used to have mammoth ones years ago, when my sister and I went through a phase of despising each other. It was a nightmare when we were forced, during the festive season, to cohabitate in my Mum's house. We barely used to manage 24 hours in close contact without WWIII erupting.
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Family Fall-outs
I have a touch and go relationship with my mom (and my dad b/4 he died) and spent several years in therapy over it. I'm not talking to my mom right now b/c she lied about several things concerning my Granparents estate, didn't come to or send a flower/plant or anything to my Granny's funeral or her favorite cousin who died 6 days earlier. Out of 7 brothers, I have contact with one but we agree to disagree when it comes to mom as he's 'protective' of her. I have 2 sisters, 1 who I call and leave messages for and she gets back to me when it suits her and keeps the keech stirred up in the whole family. And the other I have no contact with. I'm kinda the white sheep of the family and since I don't live in squalor and have a little something for myself, I'm an 'uppity BITCH'!! My Daddy always said though, you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends. That's why I'm an honorary member of Daphster's family and have been since school. They are good people...crazy, but good. And my soon to be ex-F-I-L loves me just as much as he loves his own children. And I love him back. He's the reason I'm going to stay up here and keep msboy #2 around b/c they are big buddies and it'd kill him if I took him away. And T is like Mr. Rogers these days...very frightening, but if he plays nice...I'll play nice.

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
29-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Family Fall-outs
No, no major falling outs here either .... in fact, Christmas is always mellow.

I nearly shouted at my dad though. They told us to bring the dogs Xmas Day (well, we wouldnt of gone without them as we couldnt of left them alone that long) and i was taking them outside for wees every 10 mins, and i had to wipe their feet etc .. so the house would stay clean. My dad is a clean freak.

Anyway, Bella had just been out, and had nice clean feet - and my dad then opened up the back door to go to the outside bin. Naturally the dog followed him .... and he kicked her. Yes, kicked her.

I didnt see it, but Mr.B did and he was fuming. So i told dad that we should of kept the dogs at home, and that we will next year and just see them for a couple of hours on Christmas Day instead of the usual 13hrs. My mum then told Dad off ... and told me not to be silly and that she loved having the dogs there.

So that was it really.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
29-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Family Fall-outs
I avoided most of my family and stayed in a different city where i made my own christmas dinner and stuff - my sister was with me but she was great as she did all the washing up!
31-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Family Fall-outs
Figaro Wrote:God, no offence, but you're Mother-in-Law sounds like a nightmare. Just the sort of person you don't want around at Christmas! If I were you, I'd keep your fingers crossed that she is still giving you the cold shoulder and decides to ignore your invitation to visit.

Mind you, it can't be that nice for your husband to have everyone at loggerheads with his Mum. You and he have my sympathies.

We haven't had any fall-outs in the Figaro clan. We all get on well these days but we used to have mammoth ones years ago, when my sister and I went through a phase of despising each other. It was a nightmare when we were forced, during the festive season, to cohabitate in my Mum's house. We barely used to manage 24 hours in close contact without WWIII erupting.

She is a nightmare and has been for sometime but recently she has become really psychotic! Mr B is sort of in the middel as his mum hasn't fallen out with him just his brother & sister and he spends most of his time sitting on the fence but has said that the only reason he makes time for her is because she is mum as she is the sort of person that he would just avoid!

She plays the emotional blackmail card all the time but she has become really bitter and angry, she would never have swore and was totally against anyone swearing but now she is doing it all the time! She wants everyone to go out to hers tomorrow as she feels this needs to get sorted out, but my idea of starting the New Year is not to have a family discussion, and not with the children around.

We have never had rows within my family as we always get on and have fun, and never any of this. I do feel for Mr B as he a mellow sort of person who hates confrontation but at the same time he doesn't want to abandon his mum.

Oh the joys of familys and the Festive Season!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
31-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Family Fall-outs
Quote:She plays the emotional blackmail card all the time but she has become really bitter and angry, she would never have swore and was totally against anyone swearing but now she is doing it all the time!
Bella, has anyone questioned her actual mental health. It is possible that she is ill in some way.

Of course she could just be a biatch, plain and simple..
31-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Family Fall-outs
Like LMB, I spent very little time with family this year - one night with my parents and a few hours with Mr P's. Worked out marvellously!
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Family Fall-outs
Thankfully no major goss to report on my gang.

I did momentarily lose it with Urk who dropped the whole dish of spuds on the way to the table on christmas day, but did'nt stay narked with him for too long. (the wonderous calming effect of brandy & port).

Gave out to older bro who sat around like an elderly lord fauntleroy expecting food and drink without lifting a finger, but he makes me laugh so that didn't last long either.

'bout it, thanks be to jaysus.

bam bam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We're getting a new addition to the family Figaro 33 2,934 08-12-2007 11:03 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  My family might appear on Crimewatch! Bella 13 1,261 14-09-2006 11:45 AM
Last Post: Bella
  Family Tree ... SmellyCat 5 734 27-04-2006 12:43 AM
  Family Trees PJ 6 892 12-04-2006 01:15 AM
  Home & Family Videos Patsy 10 2,058 05-03-2006 10:29 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  Family Holiday Insurance survivorfan 14 1,939 25-02-2006 11:22 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Walton Family tonee 16 1,399 25-07-2005 10:05 AM