Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Premier league ~ SO Premiership 06/07
10-07-2006, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2006 01:05 AM by Woodstock.)

I've just entered a fantasy team for the forthcoming Premiership season.

Some members of the forum participated in the SO World Cup fantasy league organized by Haydon - Patsy was the eventual winner with Mazwad finishing as runner-up, so well done to both!:good:

Here's another opportunity to enter a fantasy team for the Premiership campaign. It will prove to be much more arduous than the World Cup format so shrewdness, endurance, and in some instances extreme tolerance shall be the key requirements for successsful participation.

Or if you just wish to involve yourself in some harmless but cocky banter then that would be a good enough reason to take part also.

I've created a league especially for SO members. It will be known as 'SO Premiership 06/07' and to access our own little league you must enter the following code: 570-190

And here is the link for the Home page from which you shall be able to access registration: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

You are required to select a squad of 15, with a budget of £100 million, and I shall post up further details in due course.

If you're not happy with your immediate squad you can alter it as many times as you wish right up until the opening weekend kick-off. After that time, the transfer rules will apply, but like i said i'll try my best to make everything as clear as i possibly can, though all the information you will need is accessible via the Home page.

It's free to enter but only one entry is permitted.

Good luck.

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2006, 03:25 AM
I've entered a team (Michaelsfield town- named after myself, Michael, and a dodgy pun on the name of a football team, Macclesfield Town) I should be in the SO league now. Can't wait for the new season to start now!!

Chicken Legs Goin' Down!! (All the best, just hope I finish above ya!)

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2006, 03:41 AM
Blocked by Websense :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I'll have a think about this because I don't know if I've got the energy!
10-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Go on! It'll be fun! Even if you just pick a starting 15 and leave them alone all season.

10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I must say I'm jolly tempted.
10-07-2006, 03:49 PM
...Charlie's Chicken Legs are very slender so please no hard tackles! :surrender:

Charlie was an adorable fluffy little black and white (but cute) mongrel (imagine a border collie's features crossed with a very small poodle's - or even a sausage dog's - physique) dog of a very old friend when i was at school. When we all piled in his house at lunchbreaks (he lived just a stone's throw away) I'd normally be the first one that Charlie would pick on with regards what food (usually quarter of a cheese sandwich and a breakaway piece of a chocolate bar) he was going to enjoy eating while we all played our favourite records - Feargal Sharkey's 'You Little Thief' (wasn't mine! - just for the record), Run DMC's 'Walk This Way', Bon Jovi's 'Livin' On a Prayer' etc. etc.

Anyway, i loved him to bits, and i've been naming fantasy football teams in memory of the little blighter ever since he passed away many many years ago (late 80's)

I almost plumped for Woodstock's Wanderers but...nah! :bored:

And we need more entrants! Come on...last night when i entered i was approximately the 550th entrant in the entire country - i wanted to be the first but 550 sods got there before me!

There are somewhere in the region of 27,000 entrants at this moment, with registration just one day old...

10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, me and my brother signed up late last night and there were less than 2,000 then. Now it seems to be going up at about 2,000 an hour. Must've only started yesterday.

Glad you posted this actually, told a few people about it and it'll make the prem more fun if Chelsea run away with it again!

10-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I will have ago when I get a team sorted, that means after I have asked around the more knowledgable blokes at work.
10-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Flyo Wrote:Glad you posted this actually, told a few people about it and it'll make the prem more fun if Chelsea run away with it again!

...yeah, and that does remind me that i must pay more attention to Chelsea players this season...as much as it pains me! :sad:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Premiership Season 2006/07 Woodstock 16 4,254 04-10-2006 05:08 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Who's Gonna Stay In The Premiership This Year? Hugh Jaas 6 1,594 28-04-2005 09:46 AM
Last Post: Flyo
  Fantasy XI's Woodstock 3 1,303 22-02-2005 07:18 AM
Last Post: Woodstock